Events+ issues (login/styling)

Hello there,
I have some questions about the Events+ plugin.
First of all, I cannot grant you access right now so please give me the general info if possible.

My first issue is with the calendar, in our events page, I am using a shortcode ([eab_calendar]) to display the calendar and it does not have a "next/previous" link for months as the widget ("calendar upcoming" in the homepage) has. How can I add that?

Furhtermore, once I click on an individual event, a unique page is created. How do I edit this page? For example in this screenshot, http://prntscr.com/clday2 how can I remove or change some of the circled items?

Moreover, in the same page if I am not logged in and press I'm attending, various buttons and text boxes appear. How do I remove some of them and 3 buttons for Facebook, Twitter and Google login apear.

Facebook, Twitter and Google login do nothing but I guess that is because I have not set the IDs in settings, right?
The wordpress on the other hand, opens a window (http://prntscr.com/cldf82) but the text boxes are not visible, the submit cancel buttons are stuck to each other and in general it's not looking good and is not functional. Any solutions?

Finally, there is a text box that I want to remove because it lets you RSVP to an event without registering, only by entering an e-mail (that it might not even be correct)

Thank you!

• Dimitris

Hey there,

I trust you're well today and thanks for reaching us!

My first issue is with the calendar, in our events page, I am using a shortcode ([eab_calendar]) to display the calendar and it does not have a "next/previous" link for months as the widget ("calendar upcoming" in the homepage) has. How can I add that?

Simply use [eab_calendar navigation="yes"] instead. :wink:
    You can find the arguments of all shortcodes in admin menu Events -> Shorcodes

Furhtermore, once I click on an individual event, a unique page is created. How do I edit this page? For example in this screenshot, http://prntscr.com/clday2 how can I remove or change some of the circled items?

You have the ability to use your own template based on a file located in plugin folder.
    Simply go to Events -> Settings -> Appearance settings and select the "Plugin: Default" for the single views.

Then copy /wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/default-templates/default/single-incsub_event.php file to /wp-content/themes/YOUR_(CHILD)_THEME/single-incsub_event.php and make any changes that you need.

Moreover, in the same page if I am not logged in and press I'm attending, various buttons and text boxes appear. How do I remove some of them and 3 buttons for Facebook, Twitter and Google login apear.
    Finally, there is a text box that I want to remove because it lets you RSVP to an event without registering, only by entering an e-mail (that it might not even be correct)

You should use some CSS to hide any buttons and texts. If you could send us a simple mockup, it would be perfect for us to continue.

Facebook, Twitter and Google login do nothing but I guess that is because I have not set the IDs in settings, right?

Yes, please proceed with these settings and test them out! :slight_smile:

The wordpress on the other hand, opens a window (http://prntscr.com/cldf82) but the text boxes are not visible, the submit cancel buttons are stuck to each other and in general it's not looking good and is not functional. Any solutions?

Again, some CSS rules in order to become a more theme-specific popup, should do the trick here.

Take care,
    Dimitris

• KOSTANTINOS

Thank you for the reply!! (? ?????????!!)

About the shortcodes, I had found them but just now realized how to use them exactly, so thank you for that.
      In general I'll check all that tomorrow.
      For the last part, the individual events, if I style them with css and change how they look or hide some things, will it be for just the one event or in general?

I mean are they specific or there is a general layout that with the specific class or id I will target ALL events?

Thank you!

• Dimitris

Hello KOSTANTINOS,

hope you're having a beautiful day! :slight_smile:

About the shortcodes, I had found them but just now realized how to use them exactly, so thank you for that.

These shortcode documentation would be a great help tool for you, feel free to play with different arguments until you find the best combination for your needs.

For the last part, the individual events, if I style them with css and change how they look or hide some things, will it be for just the one event or in general?
    I mean are they specific or there is a general layout that with the specific class or id I will target ALL events?

You can use classes and IDs from single event markup to style them with CSS.
    As you may see in next screenshot, these classes and IDs aren't related to the specific event ( there's no appended post event ID or anything similar, like id="wpmudevents-single-POST_ID_NUMBER" ) so any rules you create for those should reflect to all single event pages. :wink:

On the other hand, if you want to target a specific event page you can use the appropriate body class. Simply inspect the page (using Chrome's Dev Tools), and in body classes you should find something like "postid-2313" (the number part should be different in each event page). By that you can have something like:

.postid-2313 #wpmudevents-single {
    // your code
    }

Hope that helps,
    Dimitris :slight_smile: