Events+ Issues unable to resolve

My Twitter login function wont work. Facebook seems to work fine, but twitter doesn't. This is discovered when a visitor tries to rsvp to an event and is asked to Login or Register.

What is a tooltip, where would I see this on my website?

Why won't my events calendar clear events off the calendar?? I have deleted the event completely, and it still shows up. AND IT SHOWS UP THREE TIMES! the event is called "Salsa Latin Dance 78702" and you can see it on my calendar here:
http://www.austinfitnessoptions.com/events/

Which of these check boxes do I need to check?? My goal is to allow Fitness Instructors to complete the front-page event scheduler form ( http://www.austinfitnessoptions.com/class-scheduler/ ) so it posts only as a "draft" in which I (admin) will need to "publish" it in order for it to go live on my website. So, assuming I make Fitness Instructors into Contributor roles, which of these capabilities will I need to check for this to happen?

Your Contributor users can...
…Edit Events
…Edit Others Events
…Publish Events
…Edit Published Events
…Delete Events
…Delete Published Events

Also, the "Publish" button doesn't even work - on this event scheduler page.
http://www.austinfitnessoptions.com/class-scheduler/

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

My Twitter login function wont work. Facebook seems to work fine, but twitter doesn't. This is discovered when a visitor tries to rsvp to an event and is asked to Login or Register.

What is the error message that comes up ?

What is a tooltip, where would I see this on my website?

Tooltips generally appear in the backend by clicking on the small i button besides plugin setting options.

Why won't my events calendar clear events off the calendar?? I have deleted the event completely, and it still shows up. AND IT SHOWS UP THREE TIMES! the event is called "Salsa Latin Dance 78702" and you can see it on my calendar here:

Are you using any kind of caching plugins on your site ? If yes, then please disable them and try again.

Which of these check boxes do I need to check?? My goal is to allow Fitness Instructors to complete the front-page event scheduler form ( http://www.austinfitnessoptions.com/class-scheduler/ ) so it posts only as a "draft" in which I (admin) will need to "publish" it in order for it to go live on my website. So, assuming I make Fitness Instructors into Contributor roles, which of these capabilities will I need to check for this to happen?

…Edit Events
    …Edit Others Events
    …Publish Events
    …Edit Published Events
    …Delete Events
    …Delete Published Events

They should be able to edit events + Publish Events and that should do it.

Perhaps I need to be logged in to the site to view that. I will need to login to your site to see what is going on. If you can send me the login details via our secure contact form and mark the email to my attention with a link to this thread.

Cheers, PC

• PC

That is due to the Twitter app not being created properly. I have requested some info on the email, please provide that to me.

That was some sort of caching issue. I accessed those events from the front end editor, saved them as expired and then trashed them from the backend and it now appears fine.

That works absolutely fine. I just posted a test event on the site using the same. View it here : http://www.austinfitnessoptions.com/events/

Cheers, PC

• Shawnmon

I looked into what you said about the calendar and cacheing issue. You mentioned that they were no longer on the calendar, however, if you look at next month's calendar, they are are still on the calendar. They are now permantly deleted from my website backend but still showing up on the calendar.
    I dont understand, why it posted three times, and why they are still there.

ALSO, I discovered the problem with the front-page scheduler... It simply doesn't work when using Internet Explorer browser. It only published when i used Chrome browser. This is not good.

Regardless, I just need the rest of the functions to either work, or I need a refund on these plugins.
    They should be the solution I'm looking for, but they are not. It shouldn't take more than 2 hours for one of you guys to take these plugins and make them work on a website, even from a brand new website install. I have all the content needed. You can copy it directly from my current website plugins and use it to install a new website if you think your plugins will work right.

Aside from the twitter login, I'm simply looking for the rest of the plugins to work appropriately with the membership levels.

Please, take on the project of simply setting up a wordpress website with these plugins. I'll pay you for the two hours. I have a new domain name and everything, so you can even start from scratch on a fresh install of everything.

• PC

I have fixed this.

The twitter application was not created properly. You did not authorize your own twitter account to interact with the application by creating an access token and the callback url was also not defined. Twitter login is working absolutely fine now.

I looked into what you said about the calendar and cacheing issue. You mentioned that they were no longer on the calendar, however, if you look at next month's calendar, they are are still on the calendar. They are now permantly deleted from my website backend but still showing up on the calendar.
    I dont understand, why it posted three times, and why they are still there.

I am still looking into that.

Regardless, I just need the rest of the functions to either work, or I need a refund on these plugins.
    They should be the solution I'm looking for, but they are not. It shouldn't take more than 2 hours for one of you guys to take these plugins and make them work on a website, even from a brand new website install. I have all the content needed. You can copy it directly from my current website plugins and use it to install a new website if you think your plugins will work right.

Aside from the twitter login, I'm simply looking for the rest of the plugins to work appropriately with the membership levels.

Please, take on the project of simply setting up a wordpress website with these plugins. I'll pay you for the two hours. I have a new domain name and everything, so you can even start from scratch on a fresh install of everything.

I agree to the point however we can not undertake a custom work. You can get a freelancer from the community on the job boards here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Regarding the front page scheduler, I have alerted our lead developer @Vladislav to chime in on this thread and get this sorted out. Please be assured that we will get this fixed for you.

Cheers, PC

• Shawnmon

OK, I gave you permission.
    Also, you mentioned:

http://www.austinfitnessoptions.com/events/2013/05/ is the issue. The events don't exist in the backend but they appear at the front end.

however, it's a recurring issue you will see if you continue to scroll to the next month, and the next month, and the next month.
    /events/2013/05/ in that link above represents the calendar month, so if you also see /events/2013/06/ and /events/2013/07/ and /events/2013/08/ and so on, you'll see the same events posted, even though they now don't exist in back end.

I'm also curious as to "why one event was posted three times in a row, but I only scheduled it once". you'll see this event on the calendar, it's the only one posted three times in a row.

• Shawnmon

PC,
    Also in respons to your longer thread above the last one where you said

I agree to the point however we can not undertake a custom work. You can get a freelancer from the community on the job boards here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Well, this shouldn't be "custom" work. This should simply be setting up the wpmu-dev plugins I have purchased (Event's+, Membership, Google Maps, BuddyPress, etc).

Its all wpmu-dev plugins to achieve what I want. The part I'm struggling with must be that I don't quite understand the set up functionality.

Maybe I don't quite understand how to hide certain areas/post types/categories/whatever as seen in the Membership Access Levels. However, you guys understand this stuff as experts and setting it up wouldn't take you long at all, and certainly shouldn't require any custom code.

The only custom coding I may have mentioned would be in (customizing the front-page event scheduler in order to allow it more fields to fill out). Well, let's forget about that customization. We can leave that alone and I will simply enter all events myself, and I won't even use the front page scheduler.

Without that, everything I need should be functional with these plugins because thats what they say they should do.

Here's all I need:
    A membership-based website where people will Join as either a "Fitness Instructor" Level or a "Consumer" Level. I have the names and content for those levels already typed in, so you can simply copy and paste into new website set up.

Profiles would be nice, eventually expanding the website into more of a community feel where people can interact with each other more, so BuddyPress might be good, or your wpmu-dev Community Plugin might work too. You're the expert, so I'm sure you know.

From here, it should be real simple. Consumer Members are either registered as a Free Visitor, a Monthly Unlimited member, or a 3-Month Unlimited member; and Fitness Instructors simply choose the Fitness Instructor membership level. All of these are seen here, and you can simply copy the content from here when you set up the new website Membership access levels in order to achieve it.
    http://www.austinfitnessoptions.com/create-account/

If these plugins are compatible with each other, as advertised, and they each do what they say, as advertised on wpmu-dev; then your knowledge should allow you to quickly and easily set this up to work properly. In fact, it should only take a couple hours. I've done it myself, and you have all the general content to copy and paste as needed, because its on my current website, which you have full access to.

no customization needed (unless these wpmu-dev plugins are not compatible as they say they are, in which case I just need a refund on my money so I can move on.

• PC

Hello Shawn,

Thanks for posting back.

Just wanted to inform you that Ve is looking into the issue regarding the events appearing on the front end even after being deleted and will post his response soon.

If these plugins are compatible with each other, as advertised, and they each do what they say, as advertised on wpmu-dev; then your knowledge should allow you to quickly and easily set this up to work properly. In fact, it should only take a couple hours. I've done it myself, and you have all the general content to copy and paste as needed, because its on my current website, which you have full access to.

no customization needed (unless these wpmu-dev plugins are not compatible as they say they are, in which case I just need a refund on my money so I can move on.

We can always answer any questions you may have about setting things up but we can not unfortunately set that up for you. The plugins do work as advertised however they can't just do that out of the box and need to be configured to do that.

For instance, in membership plugin you will need to create and define levels and subscription plans. We have got a full guide here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#usage which will help you understand how things work in the plugin.

You already have a plan in mind so you just need to read the plugin manual and set that up.

We can not configure the site and plugins for you and that is why Job boards are there so if you want someone to do that for you, you can post a job there.

Cheers, PC

• PC

Hello Shawn,

Ve had a look at your site and it seems that there was an issue with the database and the events were not getting deleted.

Ve has fixed that and it should be fine.

I hope the issues reported in the thread have been taken care of.

its fixed by Ve.

…Edit Events
    …Edit Others Events
    …Publish Events
    …Edit Published Events
    …Delete Events
    …Delete Published Events

You have set the right permissions, and contributor can now just add events and they will be saved for your permission to be published

I have just tested it and it works fine on IE as well.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

• Shawnmon

How do I get ride of the word " Incsub_event " on my events pages?

When logged-in members click on the "I'm Attending" button on a fee-cost event, it immediately says "Excellent, we've got you marked as coming and we'll see you there!" but I don't want it to say that; I only want it to prompt them to pay. How can I change that message??

It also says below that "You haven't paid for this event"
    Well, I want it to say more than that. I want it to say "You must pay within 15 minutes or your rsvp will be removed". How do i change that message?

Also, in events that have limited capacity, it says
    "8 tickets left"
    "I want to buy ___ ticket(s)."
    However, I don't want to offer people the ability to purchase additional tickets, I want everybody who wants to attend the event to have to join and rsvp theirself. Is this possible to get rid of?

ALSO, I tested it last night.... One of my members clicked "I'm attending" and that member didn't pay. I looked back over an hour later and that member's rsvp did not get deleted like it should, because I have that plugin set up to delete those if the member doesn't pay within the hour. It's not working. Why?
    I looked at the event again today and it is still there.

• Shawnmon

(In response to one of the things I said above):

ALSO, I tested it last night.... One of my members clicked "I'm attending" and that member didn't pay. I looked back over an hour later and that member's rsvp did not get deleted like it should, because I have that plugin set up to delete those if the member doesn't pay within the hour. It's not working. Why?

actually, it looks like the event has deleted the person's name, but the avatar is still there under "who's attending this event", AND that person's ticket isn't available. It still shows that one spot has been taken, which limitst that capacity even further

• PC

Hiya,

Sorry for the delay as I was away for the weekend.

First of all, I would like to request you a couple of things so that we can support efficiently.

Any questions not related to the original issue reported in the thread should be reported on a new thread so that we can handle them separately and you can get a faster response.

Not every thing is related to the same issue/problem and keeping them separate will be helpful.

I am gonna need to be logged in to your site to see the solutions to the questions and the old details do not seem to be working.

Can you send them over again ?

Cheers, PC

• PC

How do I get ride of the word " Incsub_event " on my events pages?

That just appears on the backend. Is there any specific reason you want to edit that out ?

When logged-in members click on the "I'm Attending" button on a fee-cost event, it immediately says "Excellent, we've got you marked as coming and we'll see you there!" but I don't want it to say that; I only want it to prompt them to pay. How can I change that message??

It not only says that message, but also mentions below that "You haven't paid for this event"

Does that suit you ?

If you still want to change the message, Please edit that out in the file here and replace it with whatever you want.

events-and-bookings\lib\class_eab_template.php

Line : 00585

Screenshot attached.

It also says below that "You haven't paid for this event"
    Well, I want it to say more than that. I want it to say "You must pay within 15 minutes or your rsvp will be removed". How do i change that message?

It can be changed here

File : events-and-bookings\default-templates\full-width\single-incsub_event.php
    Line : 30

Also, in events that have limited capacity, it says
    "8 tickets left"
    "I want to buy ___ ticket(s)."
    However, I don't want to offer people the ability to purchase additional tickets, I want everybody who wants to attend the event to have to join and rsvp theirself. Is this possible to get rid of?

Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. It has not been designed specifically for the events where a person can only buy tickets for himself. If I am using it for a yoga class where I would like to buy tickets for my whole family, it would not make sense to create separate accounts for all of them to buy tickets. A bad UX. However, I have tagged this as a feature request to our lead developer @Vladislav and if other users are looking for same kinda functionality, it might be included in the future releases of the plugin.

You can however hide that field using CSS

#wpmudevevents-wrapper p {display : none}

The field is already filled with 1 by default so clicking on pay will only for 1 ticket.

It will look like the attached screenshot

The events cron job will run hourly, if the wp-cron is called however if its not called, you can try to setup the wp-cron to be run by the actual cron job.

http://wpdailybits.com/blog/replace-wordpress-cron-with-real-cron-job/74
    http://bitswapping.com/2010/10/using-cron-to-trigger-wp-cron-php/

actually, it looks like the event has deleted the person's name, but the avatar is still there under "who's attending this event", AND that person's ticket isn't available. It still shows that one spot has been taken, which limitst that capacity even further

what were the problems in my database? I need to know so I can understand what is going on and why.
    All I see is that someone disabled the add-on called "Recurrent Events Redirect" in the Events+ plugin settings.
    Which means that it doesn't work correctly.

It might be some issue with the setup on the site and I have tagged our lead developer @Vladislav to chime in on this one and provide his additional input regarding the same and as you asked in the email

Cheers, PC

• Shawnmon

It will look like the attached screenshot

Yes, that's perfect. However, I didn't understand where or how to change that exactly.
    And, do I need to change it every time I update my website? Whats the best way for me to manage this process and know when I need to keep changing it back, if ever?

If you still want to change the message, Please edit that out in the file here and replace it with whatever you want.

Same goes for this one. Do I need to remember to change this every time I update a plugin or wordpress versions?

And this one too?

• PC

Hiya,

Here is an event page. See where it says "Incsube_event"? That is front-end.
    http://www.austinfitnessoptions.com/events/2013/05/run-78703-4/

That might be shown due to the breadcrumbs plugin you have on your site. Can you try disabling that plugin and see if that help ?

Yes, that's perfect. However, I didn't understand where or how to change that exactly.
    And, do I need to change it every time I update my website? Whats the best way for me to manage this process and know when I need to keep changing it back, if ever?

You can use a plugin like "Improved Simpler CSS" to add custom css to your site. It will not be overwritten with updates.

Same goes for this one. Do I need to remember to change this every time I update a plugin or wordpress versions?

And this one too?

Any core changes will have to be re done if there is a plugin update.

You can however use Ultimate Branding Plugin's Text change feature to search for and replace that text. That should work fine and you will not need to make core changes.

Cheers, PC

• Vladislav

Hello,

Your theme comes with a simple breadcrumbs plugin bundled in (this one: http://www.kriesi.at/archives/wordpress-plugin-simple-breadcrumb-navigation ). Unfortunately, it doesn't play very well with custom post types (which is what Events are) - it will just output the post type with uppercased first letter instead of the actual post type name (label) or some other useful data. The problem with this is that the post type is supposed to be unique and is meant for internal usage by the WordPress system, and not to be shown to humans (labels are used for that). I can change the code in this plugin if you wish (or, explain what and where to change if you prefer), but unfortunately that's a change you will always have to make again when you update your theme.

• PC

Hello Shawn.

Yes, please do explain in fine detail where and how I change that code. It's really a distraction for the end-user to see "code-like" lingo on the front-end of a website.

I have asked Ve to help on this one.

Also, have you any further progress on fixing this bug?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-and-events-not-working-properly#post-416213

Is being looked into as well. I have sent a note to the staff dealing with this issue.

Cheers, PC

• Vladislav

Hello,

As for the breadcrumbs, you will have to edit one of your theme files: scripts/breadcrumbs.php. Open your file for editing and on line 90, where it says:

echo ucwords( get_post_type( $post ) ) . $markup;

Remove this line and change it to this:

$post_type = get_post_type_object(get_post_type($post));
    echo $post_type->labels->name . $markup;

This will fix the breadcrumbs so they use the proper, human readable post type name not only for Events, but also for other custom post types you may have on your site.

• Shawnmon

Still waiting to hear back from you/Ve on whether or not the membership and event plugins will work as advertised. Nobody will give me an answer on if or when it will be resolved.
    I'm currently exploring other software solutions that I can count on. I cannot count on wpmu-dev obviously.

When I find a solution, I'll need a refund of the money I spent here, and I wish you could refund my time some how because these plugins weren't going to work from the start.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.