Events + Login with Wordpress Question

I'm using Events + as registration for a free client event. I've enabled two options for registration- Login with Facebook and Login with Wordpress. At the minimum I need to capture everyone who registers first and last names, phone and email.

My problem is Login with Wordpress is asking for nothing but a user name and email address so I have people registering with made up user names and I'm not sure exactly who they are.

Going through the Events + options in setup I don't see how I customize it to require more contact information that that. Am I missing something or do I need a seperate plugin for that functionality?

Also, I would love to have a custom field that requires people to give me a number of attendees they're bringing with them. Is that possible, or do I need another plugin for that functionality?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @sidcam

I hope you are well today and thanks for your questions.

On the login within WordPress, that would require another plugin to capture the other details, I'm wondering, if perhaps we could use that to register them before they sign up for an event, would that work for you? Just if we do it within the registration process for an event, this will most likely require core modifications to Events+

On the custom field for them to fill in, that would also need to be captured at sign up on the event, like a submission form correct? I'll flag the lead developer for some clarification on that for us.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• sidcam

Thanks for your reply!

So this is a site created specifically for this event's registration, so I'm not sure how having them create a full profile in advance to registration would even workflow.

Basically the only reason they are there is to RSVP, and the first, if not only, time they're interacting with the site is when they click on Events + "I'm Attending" button (and there has to be a manual login process for people who don't have Facebook accounts).

I'm thinking about how sites like EventBright work and usually they just stop users at their first registration process and require them to fill out a profile if they don't already have one. That's basically the workflow of the Login with Wordpress feature except it's only requiring them to fill out two fields (user name and email address).

If there's a second (existing) plugin (even non-WPMU) that could just pop up a second window that demands the additional information at the time an account is created that's more than acceptable. What I don't want, however, is to force the user to leave the site and go to a Wordpress (backend) interface for their profile. That's not intuitive.

• Shoeb Ansari

Hi @sidcam,
    I was also working on capturing registration details and opened a similar request.
    The staff guided me to the solution and i would like to share the link to the discussion with you.
    There are free and paid plugins available which you need to use along with event+, for capturing almost all type of data from the delegates.

Here is the link to the discussion:
    Events + plugin: Can we display customized form for online registration of delegates?

How to collect information from registrants?

Hope this will resolve your problem.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @sidcam

I hope you are well today and sorry about the extreme delay on this.

@shoeb has provided some great links there, the BuddyPress method which I have just tested seems to work well :slight_smile:

As you can add your fields to the standard BuddyPress user registration page and then they'll (the user), be asked to fill them in when registering.

I've also notified the lead developer again of this request :slight_smile:

Thank you and sorry again about the delay.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.