Events main page. Shortcode ore slug?

Hi is there away to create/call a page with a list of upcoming events?
Something similar to what widget does, but on a specific page.
Thank you.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Digitalfaber,

We can use a handy workaround to achieve this :slight_smile:

Install this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/amr-shortcode-any-widget/

That lets you turn any widget into a shortcode, then you can just place the shortcode a page or post.

An alternative option, would be to use our Events+ plugin which is an a lot more comprehensive plugin, which tons of features including BuddyPress integration via add-ons. The add-ons are located:

Events+ > Settings.

Hope one of those will get the job done for you :slight_smile: if you have any further questions just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

• digitalfaber
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thank you Tyler.
    I've installed Events+, but as far as I understand this plugin doesn't allow buddypress users to create events. I need this functionality which is included in BuddyPress Group Calendar.
    I'll go for the shortcode (or I'll use widget query directly into a custom template).

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Digitalfaber,

Hope you're doing well today!

Events+ actually does allow BuddyPress users to create events, you just need to activate the BP add-ons including the frontend editor and capabilities add-ons. Then you can give the capability to subscriber user roles and also allow them to create the events from the frontend :slight_smile:

With that said, if BuddyPress Group Calendar is doing the trick for you now, then great! Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.