Events Manager Pro Individual Event Pages

Hi folks!

This started off as a problem where individual events (powered by Events Manager Pro) would not display at all. I ended up finding the plugin conflict there and now individual events display. The remaining problem is that the format on those individual events pages displays TERRIBLY in the Luke & Sara theme. There is a ton of white space at the top and all sorts of funky spacing issues in the event information itself. The worst spacing issue is the booking button overlapping with event ticket options. I have set events to display as pages in the Events Manager Pro options, but there does not appear to be a place to edit that display in Upfront Builder? I was hoping I could still navigate to that display in builder and edit it that way, but despite being set as pages (or as posts), individual events do not show up in either in Builder. Any guidance or input on this would be greatly appreciated and thank you!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Matt,

I was hoping I could still navigate to that display in builder and edit it that way, but despite being set as pages (or as posts), individual events do not show up in either in Builder

No, you can't do that in builder - you can try to edit single events in Upfront Editor like you decribed. In Upfront Builder you can create layout for single event.

If you are creating new theme in Builder - open it and click "Layouts" - then from the select choose "Single Event"

You will get clean layout template for events - you will be able to remove additional featured image and comments and post date by editing post data element preset.

You have to remember, that in post data content part keeps all the events data - so in that element that small parts are not editable. Those you will need to adjust with custom CSS - like for booking button:

#em-booking-submit {    position: relative;
        top: 0;
        left: 0;}

that you will add to global theme CSS

Please note that when you started to build (or edit) theme in Builder and then you used the Upfront editor then changes made after in Builder will not be present on your site. You will need to reset theme or single layout in Upfront -> General Settings.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Matt

Thank you for the help. You mention that I can create a layout for a single event in Builder. I'm trying to find where that is, can you please provide more information? From the above it sounds like once I start work in Upfront Builder I run the risk of erasing all of that work if I try and go back to Upfront Editor. I'll remember that next time.

I also tried to add custom CSS in the global CSS option in Builder, but it looks like that has no effect. "Position: relative" just has to change to "Position: inherit" and that will fix the booking button placement problem.

• Nithin

Hi Matt,

Hope you are doing good today.

You mention that I can create a layout for a single event in Builder. I'm trying to find where that is, can you please provide more information?

Could you please enable support access, so that I could check whether there is any related layouts for your plugin. I suppose, the Single Event what Kasia mentioned was regarding Events+ plugin, but I'm not sure about it without checking your system. If the mentioned layout is not present, you'll have to make use of Single Page layout. You can find the page layouts, when you click the Layouts button, in the Upfront Builder sidebar, and you can select/create new layout from it.

I also tried to add custom CSS in the global CSS option in Builder, but it looks like that has no effect. "Position: relative" just has to change to "Position: inherit" and that will fix the booking button placement problem.

Could you please mention what custom CSS are you trying to add, and on which page? So that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that I could check both the issues you have raised, and get them sorted asap. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin