Events+ Map and Calendar Issue

Hello,

I'm in the process of configuring a custom Events page. I have a Map and Calendar embeded in the page using shortcodes. Here is the problem

1. On the Overview Map I am using the following shortcode [eab_events_map lookahead="yes" weeks="12" width="100%"] The map is showing fine but I do not want to see the event details list below. Also there is an image slideshow showing up below the events list I do not believe this is part of the Map but I'm guessing there is a conflict with the template.

2. I want users to be able to advance the calendar to the months ahead, Is this possible?

here is the link to the page http://pintsandpatriots.com/events-2/

• aecnu

Greetings landshark,

Thank you for the great questions which the first one clearly qualifies as custom coding which is beyond the scope of the support we provide here but we do try to help if we can.

With that said lets see what I can do here.

2. I want users to be able to advance the calendar to the months ahead, Is this possible?

Have you activated the Default to all Events in the plugin extras?

1. On the Overview Map I am using the following shortcode [eab_events_map lookahead="yes" weeks="12" width="100%"] The map is showing fine but I do not want to see the event details list below.

Due to this being rendered with short codes I am not certain if/how it can be done.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• landshark

Joe thanks for the response.

Not sure I understand the custom coding response. I might not have been clear with my problem, let me try to rephrase.

With the map issue. The main problem is a slide show is being displayed below the map and events list. I don't think this is supposed to be happening, and not part of the Events+ or Google Maps Plugins, correct me if I'm wrong. If it's not supposed to be there, I guess we first have to figure out why it is there and how do I go about getting rid of it.

As far as the list beneath the map goes, I am wondering if there is a shortcode argument or setting somewhere that turns that off.

In regards to the Calendar issue. Yes I have activated that option.

The default Archive page shows the Calendar with a "prev next" option at the bottom. I guess what I am looking for is the same thing on the Calendar created by the shortcode. This is the code I am using [eab_calendar] not sure if there is a special argument or setting the I need to use to achieve this.

• Vladislav

Hello,

You can also use regular maps shortcode arguments too - the shortcode arguments not understood by Events+ map shortcode will be passed over to Google Maps plugin, so perhaps something like this will work for you:

[eab_events_map lookahead="yes" weeks="12" width="100%" show_markers="false" show_images="false"]

Also, in the current version, the Events calendar shortcode doesn't support prev/next paging, but there is a new release in the Beta testing at the moment that allows for this (and also for paging for archive shortcodes). If you're interested in giving it a go, I can attach a working beta here.

• Vladislav

Hello,

Absolutely - I'm attaching the Beta here. The shortcodes got some new arguments to allow for paging and prev/next month navigation. Notably, the calendar shortcode has a new boolean (yes/no) attribute named "navigation", which will show the prev/next links in the header. If you also wish to repeat the links in the footer, you may want to make use of the boolean "footer" attribute too. Also, you can change the date format used to render the central date with a "title_format" attribute. For an example:

[eab_calendar navigation="yes" footer="yes" title_format="F"]

The Beta also has updated shortcodes help info, so you may want to take a look there or in the "Help" dropdown in the post editor screen too for quick reference.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.