Events+ Maps (Location) Not Showing Up

Hey Guys!

I recently bought the updated ver of Events+ after using an older ver. In the older ver, when putting in a location of the event, a map location of the event address always showed up on the single event page. The newer ver of Events+ doesn't show a location map in the single event page. Why?

• PC

Hey there,

Thanks for posting back.

Events+ has a google maps addon, it does not have a built in maps facility at the moment.

So with Events+ without Google maps, you can define an address and show that up on the Events page but with addition of Google Maps, you can show the Map of event on the event page as well.

Apart from that there are many other functions like creating the Mashup of all event maps etc which can be done using the Google Maps plugin.

As you said it was in the older version, can you tell me which version was that please so that I can test that out ? From what I remember, it has never been there in Events+

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Teresa

I realize this thread is from earlier this year, but my search to find an answer to this same question brought me here.

I'm super disappointed to find out – after purchasing the Events+ plugin – that my event page does not show a Google Map of the event location, unless I purchase the separate plugin Google Maps.

I feel like I've just gone through a bait & switch experience...especially when the Events+ page lists the following as a feature:

"Integrated Google Maps. Easily insert Google maps with built-in direction features for attendees, thanks to integration with Google Maps by WPMU DEV"

This makes it sound like the maps feature is built into Events+. It reads like this: thanks to the fact that WPMU DEV has integrated their Google Maps plugin into the Events+plugin, you'll be able to easily insert a Google map into your event.

Now, I either have to go back to the client and tell them that another plugin is needed, which makes me look like I don't know what I'm doing, or just pay for the additional plugin myself. In the big scheme of things it's not a big deal, but I do strongly feel like I've just been tricked.

I would highly recommend that the Events+ page is updated to better reflect how it actually works i.e. "purchase of Google Maps plugin is required for maps to appear on event pages."

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.