Events + - Meetup Import - filter by group?

Hello,

I've just installed Events+ on a fresh WPMU install and I'm wanting to import meetup events from a specific group within meetup. ie. the ones I run, not just ones I'm a partipant in.

I activated the import meetup setting and added my API key and member ID.

It then proceeded to import over 200 events which are ALL the events I can attend without all the meetup groups I'm part of.

Is there a way to add an additional filter so that we can select a specific meetup group to select events from?

And only to import events from the current date into the future as well. There is no point importing events from the past in my case.

Thanks.
Cathie.

Ps. I like where this additional Events+ add-on is going but feel it needs a couple of extra features to really help.

• Saurabh

Hi Cathie,

I hope you are doing great, today!

It then proceeded to import over 200 events which are ALL the events I can attend without all the meetup groups I'm part of.

Is there a way to add an additional filter so that we can select a specific meetup group to select events from?

Right now, the plugin just fetches all the events for the member id specified. To make it fetch only specific groups, we can work in one of the two following ways:

1. If you know (or can fetch the group ids, manually), we can just modify the code to fetch events for the member id from the specified group ids. We could add a text input, just like that for member ids, where you could input the group ids.

This'd be simple, quick and I can help with the code, right here in support.

2. When you click import, the plugin will first fetch all the groups that the member is a part of.

It'd then present you with an interface where you can select the groups to import from. After you confirm, it will then proceed to import events only from the groups selected.

This method is, obviously, more complex and requires more code that we can help you out in support with. You'd need to look for a developer who can help with some custom code.

In either case, we'd keep this in our list of possible future features to add. I'm marking it, as such, so anyone else wanting this could add their voice.

Do let me know what approach, of the two above, would work better for you.

And only to import events from the current date into the future as well. There is no point importing events from the past in my case.

The code only fetches upcoming events (it is the default behaviour). We'd need to explicitly ask for the past events and modify the code to fetch past events. So, I'd really need to look at your website to check this one. Please extend support access so that I can.

Best

Saurabh