Events+ new shortcodes

Hello!

Am I blind or there is no documentation about the new Events+ features?

I see "Next Event Shortcode- Generates a formattable shortcode displaying time of the next upcoming event that has not started yet": great, but could the developer tell us also which shortcode to use?
The same, of course, applies to all other shortcode.

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings sciamannikoo,

Sorry we are all out of shortcodes today .... lol

Seriously - I apologize that the support team has not got the documentation caught up with the plugin release yet.

The instructions we do have available are here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/installation/

I will see if I can get the lead developer in here to offer his advice/advise to us on the possible shortcodes.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• sciamannikoo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you Joe for pinging them.

I know where to find the documentation of a plugin, but that's the main point: there is nothing there that answer my question.

Frankly I'm a bit disappointed: I don't find very professional releasing features that user can't use.
    Is like saying that the just released version of WordPress is including and embedded multi language feature, without saying how to enable it: what's the point of this?

And this behaviour is quite a standard with WPMUDev: most of the plugins doesn't have a proper documentation and when there is something, it lacks a lot of information.
    It looks like WPMUDev really doesn't care much about it, whilst having a proper documentation is one of the most important tasks that a developer must produce before releasing something.

Obviously, I could dig in the code and search by myself what I need, and this is actually what I'm going to do, but not everyone knows how to do that.

What makes me even more disappointed is the fact that "this may take a bit longer than a normal ticket": I'm not asking for a new feature. I'm asking for a proper documentation: something that is supposed to be done before user asks for it.

• Cire
    • New Recruit

I purchased this plugin and the entries look like regular posts. None of the template work. Also, many of the features (not to mention those needed to be purchased in order to work like E-newletter) do no work. I didn't need a plugin to simply look like post. The documentation and support is very lacking. I tried to send a help ticket via your website but it won't submit, even though I've completely filled in the entire form. What is the shortcode to display the plugin on a page? Why does my recurring event shows up 7 times on one page like regular posts? Is there a refund policy? I don't have time to figure out this issues and read through tones of support requests in the forum.

• j__rgen_strauss
    • New Recruit

I lookes at the list of shortcodes in the plugin Shortcodes tab. None of the shortcodes as listed work (don't do anything, just sit there as if standard text). Also, not clear how to use the Arguments. Is there any documentation or demo where this is working and where there is an explanation that makes sense?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for ya.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda/

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.