Events+ not linking to groups

Hi

I cannot get a new event to show up in the group page even though its linked to it when created.

I've attached a screenshot of the event settings page and also of the group in question. Can you help me please?

Thanks

James.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings James,

Sorry to see that you are indeed having an issue there on your WordPress installation between Events+ and Buddy Press groups.

Thank you for the screen shots which are indeed certainly helpful and indicative of what you are referring to and greatly appreciated.

I admit I have no idea concerning this function and I myself am curious as to the possible intended use and explanation of how this is happening or better yet how to fix it up.

With that said, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi d3xta,

From screenshot 1 it looks like Events+ is set up ok.

From screenshot 2 I wonder how come there are no tabs on the group page?

Seems like the group page only show the activity stream. Even if you don't have forums on I would expect a Members tab to show up. Do you have a plugin that removes all group tabs?

Is the screenshot taken with a logged in user that is superadmin or member of the group? I wonder because there is a setting for Group Events are private to group members which would hide the group calendar.

Cheers
    Mort3n

• jamesathomson
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Guys

Thanks for both your replies. Gr8 suggestion Joe, lets see what Ve says.

Thanks too @Mort3n, the screenshot was taken when an admin was signed in, and it's a public group.

Will triple check my settings though as you make a good point on the other missing tabs.

Cheers

James

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi James,

Think I've got it.

Just double checked. Even on a superadmin account I cannot see the group calendar tab of a public group unless I'm a member in the case where I've set group events to be visible to group members only.

Try it out

Cheers
    Mort3n

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings James,

Thank you for the additional input and have you activated the BuddyPress: Group Events extra provided with Events+ i.e. logged into the admin dashboard go to Events --> Settings --> BuddyPress: Group Events --> Activate

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings James,

Thank you for letting us know and happy to see that this is now resolved and your WordPress installation is working as you anticipate.

Also some rep points sent your way for posting what was causing the issue to benefit other members.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.