events not showing up on page as list

My events aren't showing up on the events page as a list. Is there some easy way to find a forum for just this plugin? Maybe I'm dense but your support isn't all that easy to navigate and find specific info.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Ami,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

Can you try changing to a different template? You can do this via:

Events+ > Settings.

Change the option in the screenshot to one of your theme and let us know whether that resolves the issue or not :slight_smile:

If you're still having issues then can you grant support access? Then we can take a closer look.

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Is there some easy way to find a forum for just this plugin?

The Events+ section is here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/tags/events

We're actually launching a re-design of our site soon too! :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Ami

I've tried the original setting and switching to the template and nothing works.

On the event page, the lettering for the choices to rsvp are white and not showing up. I'm sure this is a style issue. Is there a way to change this in the settings or direct me to the appropriate style sheet (line number if you have it) and I can make the change.

I've granted access.

Thanks for the help. I'm sure it is me getting this all screwed up, but I'm lost at this point and want to get this up and running.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Ami,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your reply!

Can you try bringing the archive template into your theme folder.

The template is located:

/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/default-templates/default/archive-incsub_event.php

Copy that into your "Lovely theme" folder :slight_smile:

On the event page, the lettering for the choices to rsvp are white and not showing up. I'm sure this is a style issue.

You have this code block in your theme stylesheet around line 338:

button, input[type="button"], input[type="reset"], input[type="submit"], .button, .entry-content .button {
        background-color: #9ad5ca;
        border: medium none;
        box-shadow: none;
        color: #fff !important;
        cursor: pointer;
        padding: 1.6rem 2.4rem;
        text-transform: uppercase;
        width: auto;
    }

The "!important" on the color is causing it to take priority over the default event+ button styling. If you remove that declaration then it will be all good :slight_smile:

!important should be used very conservatively for this reason, it can end up messing all kinds of stuff up. If for some reason you need that to stay "!important" then you can style those button text individually like this:

a.wpmudevevents-maybe-submit, input.wpmudevevents-yes-submit {
    color: #bd8728 !important;

a.wpmudevevents-no-submit, input.wpmudevevents-no-submit {
    color: #bd3328 !important;
    }

a.wpmudevevents-yes-submit, input.wpmudevevents-yes-submit {
    color: #75ab24 !important;
    }

Since we have the "!important" on the other styling, we'll need to put it on these ones as well to make sure they take priority.

The colours I included there are the default Events+ ones :slight_smile:

You can place that CSS into your custom stylesheet, if you don't have one then you can use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Hope this helps Ami!

Look forward to hearing back. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

All the best,
    Tyler