Events on Multisite

Hi There,

I am testing Events on a multisite installation and have one big challenge: When someone needs to register to confirm appearance the user is transferred to the main website of the network which is confusing and frightening as it is designed to activate a new website.

As plugins like WooCommerce show it can be done that way that registration is handled by the sub site directly.

Any idea for a workaround?
Thanks
Tee

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Tee,

I am trying to figure out what you mean by When someone needs to register to confirm appearance which I cannot figure out but I do understand that they are transferred to the main site of the network.

It is my opinion that you are in need of the per blog registration file I am attaching below in which you should either create a folder within plugins and network activate it or put it in the mu-plugins folder.

Please advise if this is the right solution to the issue that you are having.

Cheers, Joe

• Tee
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi There!

@ Joe: Thanks that cool plugin goes in the right direction
    @Hakan: That would be perfect. When can we expect that?
    @both: When I create a new user to register for an event that person can edit and add events?! That should't be the case. Or have I done anything wrong?

Bests
    Teer

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi Teer,

You can expect the new version next week, if nothing goes wrong.

Events+ does not pick up a specific role for the new registered user. It is determined by the settings of your website. By default it is subscriber as you know. So no, user cannot edit the event unless you specifically set it so.

Cheers
    Hakan

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi Tee,

Short answer: No, by default he cannot.

Long answer who may wonder if this is possible: Events+ has a built in "Capabilities" Add-on. By activating that add-on you can specifically give permission(s) to each role. If you set so, even a subscriber can edit and publish events.

Cheers
    Hakan

• Tee
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Hakan,

I don't find that "Capabilities" Add-on. Where can I change that setting?

Update: Now I found it. But it wasn't activated nor it was allowed for subscribers to change or add anything?
    But still they can do :slight_frown:

2. Update: I changed the settings for the 'Editor' and now it works as expected. :slight_smile: Still wonder why....

Might there be a problem with the other plugin?

Cheers,
    Tee

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Tee,

Happy to hear that you got it working.

The plugin I offered you is a hack created by our lead developer that is not available to the public and is unsupported for this reason.

But i keep it because it does the trick for what it is intended to do and I use it myself.

This would be the first unintended consequence of using it that I know of and works great with Pro Sites, Market Press, Easy Blogging and most of the other plugins that I have tested it with.

Cheers, Joe

• Tee
    • The Crimson Coder

@Joe You were recommending the marvelous plugin mp-blog-register.zip. Which works well on all sub sites. Now I figured out that it doesn't work registering a website on the main site.

Just to let you know.

Cheers
    Tee

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.