Events+ output lacking formatting stripped by Headway?

I understand that using Headway is a can of worms! I won't ask too much about that part. This is how the event meta displays:

<p>View eventTakes place on December 20, 2012 from 6:30 pm to 11:00 pmMain LocationUSD 27.00
See attachment as well.

All html is stripped. Very annoying. What I'd like from you guys is some pointers on how the plugin code is passing this back to WordPress after it's generated (I'm not overriding the default appearance). Maybe from there I can figure out how Headway is breaking it.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ghc,

Thank you for the great question and observation as well.

Relative to referring to Twenty Ten, that theme was designed and released before WordPress 3.3 was released in December 2011.

Headway of course is a framework theme and like all framework themes that I have ever heard of are always a pain - I do not know why people torture themselves with it.

However, this is certainly not in the realm of the scope of the support we provide here and though we try to help if we can, I have no idea how to possibly fix this.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

While the default output for event does contain the HTML tags needed for output, some themes may decide to strip the tags for output, either directly or indirectly - such is the case with Twenty Ten, as it outputs the post content via the_excerpt() call on archive pages. I presume a similar thing is happening with Headway too. Can you please give the appearance overriding templates a shot and see if it helps with your issue?

• ghc
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

When I use Override, the event archive completely 'overrides' the theme output! I get:

<body>
    <div id='whitewrap'> <!--headway wrapper-->
    <div id='primary'>
    <div id='wpmudevevents-wrapper'>
    etc

Headway output starts with #whitewrap I believe. Where is #wpmudevevents-wrapper hooked in?

Using this theme is an experiement! It's a big pain in the butt, but some aspects are... intriguing. I'll probably stick to thematic as my primary framework.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

• ghc
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I ended up using a custom code block and adding Events+ via shortcode.

I didn't fully figure out what was going on, but I think that Events+ generates a template, to render its own custom post type. I think that Headway isn't compatible with standard WP templates, as it generates its own. So when Event+ shows up with its template, it blows away whatever Headway would have rendered.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.