Events+ Payments not showing up

I am trying to set up an event that allows payments. I only get "Attending" "not attending" "maybe" buttons without any information about payment for the event. I have membership pro 2 installed as well. I followed the instructions and it says I should see paypal information on the event but I do not. I only see pricing. None of this has any effect on the frontend event view.

• Atkotech

Have you set up the payment settings in the plugins settings? You might also want to take a look at the add-ons section in settings too. There are a few add-ons you might find useful there. Simply enable the ones that interest you to use them. Also when you create an event, don't forget there is a drop down box on the right of the text area which asks if it is a paid event. The default is set to 'no'.

Hope some of this helps, any problems, let us know.

• Atkotech

Assuming you have set up your payment settings screen as mentioned earlier, all you would do is select the option for a paid event as referred to earlier in the box to the right of the text box when creating your event. Another box will appear asking for the ticket price. Complete this field & save your event. When someone chooses 'I'm attending' on the event screen they are told 'You haven't paid for this event' & they then choose the number of tickets required & pay for them then using paypal.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Carl, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

Looks like @coremedia's been addressing you quite well here, thanks again for jumping in to help!

One thing I'd like to add to this discussion would be this: if you're wanting to expire a RSVP for a user who's marked himself as "I'm attending", but hasn't paid yet, you could enable the "RSVP status auto-reset" add-on inside of Events+.

That'd allow you to configure a period of time for changing the status (the option for this would be the "Auto-reset unpaid RSVPs older then:" option), you can see more options for the add-on inside of:

Events -> Settings -> RSVP status auto-reset settings

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Carl

Hello All,

thanks for the support this far. In an attempt to fix my issue and do some more trouble shooting I deactivated the majority of my plugins/addons for the Events+ system. I found that once I deactivated the Membership 2 Pro Addon that the paypal information began to show up. We need the functionality of allowing different pricing based on their membership levels. Is there a trick to getting these two plugins to play nicely?

To recap,
    I have followed all of the posted directions that I could find. If I don't use the Membership 2 Addon, the system works as you all had described and it 'really is that easy' as setting up the paypal info and creating an event that takes payments. However when you have the membership 2 addon enabled and set prices for each membership.. no paypal box shows up. You just get an acceptance message about the registrant showing up. ("Excellent! We've got you marked as coming and we'll see you there!")

Again, thank you very much in advance.

• Carl

A bit more information. I started digging into the template file and tracing some of the functions.

single-incsub_event.php
    if ($event->is_premium() && $event->user_is_coming() && !$event->user_paid()) { ?>
    wraps around the payment form. I echo'd out those functions and the 2nd and 3rd currently are echoing true (1) but the is_premium() function is coming back blank. Looking deeper this is looking at the pricing.. i'm wondering if because I set different prices for members and the normal fee.. if this is messing with what the plugin is displaying. I'll keep digging though.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.