Events+ Paypal button too big + documentation?

Wow, I wish finding the documentation was easier. After much searching, I saw one post with this answer but did not understand it:

"Documentation of Events+ is inside the file. If you click the "info" icon inside the Addon there is a detailed description there."

What file, where? What is "Addon"?

Is there documentation, and specifically where?

Perhaps it could help with my other problem: the paypal button after RSVPing is massively ugly! I suspect this has to do with CSS ... but where and how to fix it?

Thanks!

• PC

Hello Cindy,

Thanks for your email.

The documentation of the plugin is here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/#usage

Every plugin has a usage page which shows the usage guide for the plugin.

"Documentation of Events+ is inside the file. If you click the "info" icon inside the Addon there is a detailed description there."

When you go to Events + settings, and scroll down, you will see some addons there. Those addons have description and there is a small "i" icon. When you click on that it tells on how to use that addon.

Perhaps it could help with my other problem: the paypal button after RSVPing is massively ugly! I suspect this has to do with CSS ... but where and how to fix it?

First of all, I will suggest you to update your WordPress and the plugin version to latest.

Adding the below CSS to your site should fix it

div#wpmudevevents-payment form input {width : 20%}

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Cindy

Hi PC,
    Thanks for trying to help. The Events+ "usage," which I already used, is insufficient. It does not indicate how to use shortcodes and their variations.

It may seem obvious, but it would be nice to note in "usage" that there are widgets available (first time I looked to see if that was the case, I did not see them for some reason, so I went looking for help and it is not stated anywhere...so then one begins to think there's something wrong and its not working.) Meanwhile I began wasting time experimenting, trial and error, with the shortcodes to get the desired effects in sidebars and pages. Those calendar renditions never worked, I could not move to the next month.

I tried adding a page with the same name as the one I picked in Events+ settings (and using shortcodes), not knowing it was simpler than that, and that I did not need to do this. I just needed to get the calendar or widgets going. But the calendar showed no events, and again I went trouble shooting. It took me a while to figure out that it was because the text color what white on a white background and that the events WERE there! So stating some of these simple obvious things could make a world of difference someone.

CSS:
    I added the line in the custom CSS area of my theme's style settings, but it did not work. Here's the page.
    http://healthyuhub.com/healthyuhub-events/2013/11/potluck-launch-party/?eab_success_msg=yes

Thanks!

• PC

Hey Cindy,

I'd personally like to have a closer look at your issue.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

PS : Your suggestion is well taken for the usage page. I have sent a note to our champ @Patrick Cohen and will look forward to add/update real soon !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.