Events+ plugin archive

I want to create an archive that shows past events. Is there an easy way to do this with the plugin without coding a custom template?

• hyperwp
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

That's great, but I'm wondering if there is a dynamic solution so you don't need to add a static link to a month archive. I might need to just build something that acts like the post archive widget and dynamically creates links as time passes. Let me know if you have ideas on how to achieve this. I'll post the code when I figure it out.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

I might need to just build something that acts like the post archive widget and dynamically creates links as time passes. Let me know if you have ideas on how to achieve this. I'll post the code when I figure it out.

I have sought help from Ve, our lead developer on this one.

Cheers, PC

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Depending on what you had in mind, you can perhaps try the archive shortcode within the do_shortcode call and dynamically generated "date" attribute. For this use case, the calendar shortcode might be used too. Lastly, if your past events are "expired", there's also a shortcode to display those events specifically ("[eab_expired]"), which might be helpful in your scenario. Also, just a quick note, in the next plugin release, archive shortcode will come with paging attributes, and the calendar shortcode will be able to include the navigation links.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings hyperwp,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• hyperwp
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I ended up creating a custom template for this. Here is the loop in my custom past events template.

<?php query_posts( array(
                              'post_status' => 'publish' ,
                              'post_type' => array( 'incsub_event' ) ,
                              'meta_query' => array(
                              	array(
                              		'key' => 'incsub_event_status',
                              		'value' => Eab_EventModel::STATUS_ARCHIVED,
                              	),
                              ) ,
                              'meta_key' => 'incsub_event_start' ,
                              'orderby' => 'meta_value' ,
                              'order' => 'ASC'   ) );
                        ?>

<?php if (have_posts()) : ?>
    <?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.