Events+ Plugin having several issues

Hello, Events+ suddenly having issues. Toolbar is missing on text (html), side widgets (pay with like) isnt working, and can't add media using the add media button. Not sure what is different now than two days ago, besides the last WPMU updates. anyone else having these issues? new post works fine, but new events is having issues. I will add a photo

• Mason

Hiya,

That does seem really odd. I've got two thoughts:
    Can you check your php error logs and see if anything is showing up there?
    Can you try rolling back and seeing if the older version brings back the functionality? We haven't had any other reports of this that I've seen, but if it's just this version that would let us know.

The media uplaoder not working is a known issue with 3.5 but is browser specific. Using a different browser will solve this until we have an update (which should be very soon).

Let me know about the version number and I'll let the developer know what you're experiencing here.

Thanks.

• WAARBA

Events+ version 1.5.2, Wordpress 3.5- multisite install. Issue is secluded to only the events+ add new event area-

error log items:
    [11-Jan-2013 04:29:40 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in public_html/wp-content/themes/warr/404.php on line 33

[10-Jan-2013 16:48:45 UTC] PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in public_html/wp-content/plugins/recent-global-posts-widget/widget-recent-global-posts.php on line 281 and defined in public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 990

[10-Jan-2013 23:27:01 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in public_html/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites.php on line 671

[10-Jan-2013 23:32:26 UTC] PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in public_html/wp-content/plugins/recent-global-posts-widget/widget-recent-global-posts.php on line 281 and defined in public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 990

[11-Jan-2013 00:49:52 UTC] WAARBA database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 for query SELECT * FROM wp_term_counts WHERE ( ) made by edit_post, wp_update_post, wp_insert_post, do_action('save_post'), call_user_func_array, post_indexer_post_insert_update, post_indexer_post_terms_insert_update

[11-Jan-2013 00:49:52 UTC] WAARBA database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 for query UPDATE wp_term_counts SET term_count = term_count + 1,term_count_updated = '2013-01-11 00:49:52' WHERE ( ) made by edit_post, wp_update_post, wp_insert_post, do_action('save_post'), call_user_func_array, post_indexer_post_insert_update, post_indexer_post_terms_insert_update

• Vladislav

Hello,

Going by the log you posted, the errors come from several plugins and one theme - the most concerning ones being from the "warr" theme and the Post Indexer plugin. Another possibly worrying issue is the maximum execution time limit breach for Pro Sites, although this could easily be a one-off situation with no further implications. Could you please try switching to a default theme (say, 2011 or 2012) and temporarily disabling Post Indexer, and see if it helps?

• juliepatton

I believe that this plugin needs to take into consideration the themes out there and try to make a more adaptable wrapper that will work in any template. The Events templates are breaking theme templates. Formatting is all over the place. It's very frustrating. I am starting think I made the wrong purchase. My button options for a single event doesn't show up. It will on a page when I use a short code but not as a post when I click on a an event in the calendar or from the widget.

• Kimberly

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I'm guessing that because we haven't heard back from you that you've got your issue worked out via live chat or email, or that we have reached the end of our convo here. If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to this thread at anytime. Just be sure to mark it Not Resolved so we don't miss it!

This ticket is only being Resolved due to lack of activity. It is by no means an action to avoid, brush off or minimize your issue. We are ready and here if you want to re-open at any time and I apologise any lack of communication if this ticket is being closed in error.

Thanks for being part of the WPMU DEV Community!

Best,
    Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.