Events + plugin hides the event page

Hi, I was wondering why the events slug is hidden from me to edit. I have to have an "events-2" page in order to post events. However, I have protected the events-2 so people must log in. I want to have the events page be editable, not just the events-2 page. Please help.

• Vaughan

Hi @kevin,

You can edit the events slug in the plugin settings

Dashboard > events > settings

Events creates this page, so if you already have a page called events with the same slug, then it will add a -2 after the slug.

You should remove the original events page from your pages, including trash as pages that are trashed will still have valid URL's in the system.

Once done, set the slug.

Events creates the page virtually, so you can't edit it from the pages dashboard, if you wish to edit the template of events+ pages, then you need to copy the 2 files from

/events-and-bookings/default-templates/default/

Copy the 2 files;

single-incsub_event.php
    archive-incsub_event.php

Into your current theme folder.

Now you should be able to edit the templates.

However If you want to display events on other pages, then you can use shortcodes to display them.

See the shortcodes page. Dashboard > events > shortcodes.

Hope this helps

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Kevin,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

You'd need to connect using FTP, then navigate to wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/default-templates.

Then depending on your FTP program you can copy those to your themes root folder which would be wp-content/themes/theme-name.

Which FTP program do you use? I can then provide specific instructions on copying the files.:slight_smile:

For protecting it, do you already have a membership plugin or similar or was you looking for a plugin to protect the events page? If so, did you want it membership based or just password protected?

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.