Events plugin - How do i add arguments for example rather than just the last month by default?

I do have a couple of questions after trying to set up the plugin.

1 - Newsletter plugin - Is there any way to upload a list of email addresses and send the newsletter to that specific list rather than a specific user sub list?

2 - Events plugin - How do i add arguments for example rather than just the last month by default? I can't quite figure out how to add the arguments for [eab_calendar] & [eab_archive] for example.

Thanks

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @omid

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1: There isn't a way to upload a specific list, but users can be put in groups and you can just email that group, would that work for you?

2:You would use these with the shortcode themselves so say if you wanted to get the archive for just one category you could use [eab_archive category="mycategory"] if that makes sense? :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• omid
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your response.

eNewsletter, thats what I expected, ok fine.

Regarding the Events plugin, this is what I expected but i still cant get it working for some reason.

So today is 17/6, i have set up 1 event for 25/8 which is beyond the default 1 month setting.

I want to show this event as the next event coming up using [eab_archive] and set it to look 12 weeks (3 months ahead) as they dont have many events.

Is this what i am supposed to be adding? [eab_archive lookahead="12weeks"] as nothing shows? Also when i try the [eab_archive weeks="12weeks"] again nothing shows.

Another question I have is again when you add [eab_calendar] into a page it shows the 1 month calender. Is there was of allowing browsing of future months? Again in the same scenario as above, the event is within 12 weeks but after the first default month setting.

Thanks

Omid

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @omid

I hope you are well today and sorry for the delay.

You need to use the lookahead argument which is a boolean, a boolean = true or false.

Which means to show the events for 12 weeks you'd use

[eab_archive lookahead="true" weeks="12"] That should then work for you :slight_smile:

For the calendar, to display the navigation for the other months, use

[eab_calendar navigation="true"]

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.