Events+ plugin integration with CollabPress calendar

Hey guys,

I am going to try to take a stab at this myself, but I thought it might be best to contact you first. I've installed Events+ on a buddypress 1.5.5 install (not multisite). What I'm trying to create is a shared workspace model for community members, business leaders and local govt to connect around food issues. I need everything to be as *simple* as possible. I hoped that Events+ would be a great plugin for my needs due to the group integration, but it doesn't seem as polished as I'd hoped. I'm wondering if you know of any tweaks to make the following possible:

1) Integrating Events+ "Group Events" tab with a Collabpress "Calendar" tab? I think that the Collabpress Calendar is a bit more polished style-wise, and it would be ideal if we could have tasks + events all showing up on one calendar tab (and one less tab to navigate).

2) A widget for admins / mods to create a new event from within their group? Having to log into the backend of the site will likely confuse. I had hoped that there would be a link or widget at the top of the group page to create a new event.

That's it. Thanks for your time!

• aecnu

Greetings paulwhelms,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for your feedback and feature request, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development.

I have moved this to feature requests and I shall notify the lead developer of the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Thanks again and it is great to have you as a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Vladislav

Hi,

As for the first point (integration with the CollabPress calendar) that is, as Joe already said, currently not easily possible. However, since the events in Events+ are just regular custom post types and there are some pretty well defined APIs available, it should be possible to create a custom bridge between the two. An alternative (and possibly easier) approach might be to create a set of custom templates for your theme.

As for the second question, have you tried the Front-page editor add-on that ships with the plugin?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.