Events + Plugin -- multiple price points support

Hi,

Would like to implement the Events+ plugin in a local theatre company's web project (still in sandbox).

1). Can events have multiple price points? You know, orchestra, balcony, nose bleed, etc.? The only way I have been able to do this is by creating n-number of the same event, changing the price on each. This results in more error-prone entry, plus makes the calendar look wonky as events pile up. Is there a better way?

2). Can you copy/clone events?

3). When a user commits to purchasing an event, the plugin prompts them to log into WP using the standard WP log in box. Does this mean that every visitor to their site who wishes to purchase tickets is required to register? I am concerned about WP user accounts (even restricted) building up (security/maintenance), and also putting the user through hoops. Any way around this?

Thanks so much for your help

- Clark
Awesome Website Guys

• Rupok

Hi Clark,

Thanks for asking. Let me describe one by one.

1). Can events have multiple price points? Is there a better way?

I think there is a better way if you have MarketPress plugin installed and activated on your site. Can you please check the guide one of our users provided here? https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-multiple-prices-one-event-with-events-plugin

This is a old post, but I've checked this just now. It works absolutely fine.

2). Can you copy/clone events?

Yes, you should be able to do this with this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-duplicator/
    Events are basically custom post type posts and this plugin supports Custom post types. I just tested and I could clone an existing event with this plugin without any problem. I just had to link the cloned event with another marketpress product manually, which is expected behavior because if two events links to the same product, that will be problematic.

Does this mean that every visitor to their site who wishes to purchase tickets is required to register?

If you enable "Facebook and Twitter" login from Events+ settings, then your users can login to your site using their social profiles and the won't need to register any account on your site. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Other than this, I'm afraid, your users will have to have an account on your site to RSVP.

Please let us know if you have any confusion regarding all these or if you are stuck at any point. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.