Events+ Plugin Problems

Event Problems:

We switched from Eventbrite to Events+ and the issue now with the event platform and not using eventbrite is two fold:

1) Major issue is how to separate out the fees that the purchaser pays which is what eventbrite does for you - - ex. If I charge $30 per ticket through eventbrite - they charge consumer $30 plus a $2.37 processing fee to cover credit card company cost and their cost - so I end up with $30.

Now using Eventbrite via Pay Pal, the pay pal fees are 2% - at 2% on an average of 100 people per event 12 times a year at $30 per person only - that is $720 cost per year for me versus eventbrite which the cost is zero. Plus I am about to start doing 2 events a month and expect these revenue numbers to significantly rise - what is the solution for this? can we incorporate the credit card processing fees so the member pays?

2) Additionally I currently price my events so ticket prices rise as you get closer to the event - a simple step when setting up the event with eventbrite at inception as you just set up multiple ticket types with dates they are no longer available and dates the higher priced become available - Is this something that can work with the current platform using Events+?

Thank you,

• Mark Wallace

You could set up the same event with each ticket price, then use the Scheduled Select Content plugin for the timing.

I am sure it could all be on the same page if you use "Events Short Codes" and separate them with "Scheduled Select Content"

PayPal fee's are something that has to be taken up with PayPal; they eat my launch everyday too! The combined amounts are high, but 2% for the service they provide is more then fair. they have to make money too.

I suggest adding the fee's to the total cost. This will offset the PayPal fee's.

Enjoy!

• Kimberly

Hi there!

@And.Hello is right on here. The feeds would need to be taken up on PayPal's end, or you can just increase the price to cover the fee. You can easily note that the price includes a processing fee.

As for the multiple tickets, I'm afraid there is only one price for a ticket per event, unless you are using membership, and only that variation is based on subscribership, not time limits.

I will pass this on to the developer as a feature request!

Best,

Kimberly