Events+ Plugin - Public Announcement - RSVP showing

Hello,
I installed the Events+ plugin on 2020sov.org. I created my first event and checked Public Announcement in the event settings but it still shows the RSVP buttons on the Events page. Is there another place to disable the RSVP for an event.

Another question is I'm using the [eab_sing] short code. I saw in wordpress under the settings that I can put in an id ...I'm presuming that's the id for the event? Where do I get that id? Is it automatically generated?

Thank you

• Sajid

Hello Renee,
    Hope you are doing good today

I tested the Public Announcement event on my own site and it is hiding the RSVP buttons from fronted.

Please note that, you have to check This is a Public Announcement event option under Public Announcement while adding/editing the event (see screenshot).

Another question is I'm using the [eab_sing] short code. I saw in wordpress under the settings that I can put in an id ...I'm presuming that's the id for the event? Where do I get that id? Is it automatically generated?

Yes, that is the ID of the individual event. You can find the ID in the URL while editing the event, the number comes after post= in the URL is the ID of Event (see screenshot).

You can also use Reveal IDs plugin to reveal the ID numbers of pages, posts and any custom post type like event. This will be handy since you will be dealing with ID numbers frequently while using WP.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid

Hello Renee

I am glad you find my answer helpful.

For RSVP buttons, please enable support staff access and also share the screenshot of RSVP buttons from frontend to make sure we both are on same page.

To grant access go to Dashboard -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support