Events+ plugin slows down my website and doesnt load.

Ok i have just moved my whole website to a new server with no problems really apart from my events+ plugin. Basically anything i load like the calendar, events widgets or shortcodes to display events, just slows down the particular page. It takes ages to load the normal content and then just doesnt load any events. I have reinstalled my whole website multiple times and I am still having the same problem. Any ideas???

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @Joshua,

Did it do this before you moved sites or did it start doing this afterwards?

Can you go to dashboard > events > settings and then enable the Default to all events addon.

Can you check your sites error_log files to see if there's any issues listed? You might be able to find an error_log in public_html or the folder where wp-config.php is located.

Thanks

• Joshua
    • Flash Drive

Ok so the old site never had this issue. The new site has this issue whether I import my old events or not.

I've tried enabling the default to all events add on but this has no effect.

There is no error log at present but I will try to get this sorted. I'm guessing that there are errors somewhere as no events are showing at all.

• Joshua
    • Flash Drive

Ok ive just been going through my logs and am getting mysql connection error and other php errors. Here is the error any ideas??

Notice: Undefined index: limit in /var/sites/o/oasiscc.org.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/class_eab_codec.php on line 113

Notice: Undefined index: paged in /var/sites/o/oasiscc.org.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/class_eab_codec.php on line 116

WordPress database error: [Lost connection to MySQL server during query]
    SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.* FROM wp_posts INNER JOIN wp_postmeta ON (wp_posts.ID = wp_postmeta.post_id)
    INNER JOIN wp_postmeta AS mt1 ON (wp_posts.ID = mt1.post_id)
    INNER JOIN wp_postmeta AS mt2 ON (wp_posts.ID = mt2.post_id) JOIN wp_postmeta AS eab_meta ON (wp_posts.ID = eab_meta.post_id) WHERE 1=1 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'incsub_event' AND ((wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'recurrent')) AND ( (wp_postmeta.meta_key = 'incsub_event_start' AND CAST(wp_postmeta.meta_value AS DATETIME) < '2014-08-01 00:00')
    AND (mt1.meta_key = 'incsub_event_end' AND CAST(mt1.meta_value AS DATETIME) >= '2014-07-01 00:00')
    AND (mt2.meta_key = 'incsub_event_status' AND CAST(mt2.meta_value AS CHAR) NOT IN ('closed','expired')) ) AND eab_meta.meta_key='incsub_event_start' GROUP BY wp_posts.ID ORDER BY wp_posts.menu_order, eab_meta.meta_value ASC LIMIT 0, 500

• Joshua
    • Flash Drive

im also getting these errors accross my site:

Notice: bp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 1.7.) in /var/sites/o/oasiscc.org.uk/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3245

• Joshua
    • Flash Drive

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/sites/o/oasiscc.org.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/add-new-users/add-new-users.php:480) in /var/sites/o/oasiscc.org.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-csv/wp-csv.php on line 74

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Joshua,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

The warnings and notices are fine, as they aren't actually errors the site should work without an issue.

The issue here is the MySQL errors and timeouts, do you have access to the server or is this shared hosting?

Increasing the max_timeout in your php.ini should work here, if you could let me know if you have direct access to the server or php.ini :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Joshua
    • Flash Drive

Hi Jack. It is shared hosting but I will speak to my provider. It seems a little odd thou that the mysql is timing out. There are heavier part of the website which loads in just a few seconds. There are also no other problems with other plugins I use. Could this be timing out because there is an error in between the connection to the mysql and the commands given to mysql?

• Joshua
    • Flash Drive

ok they have now increased the memory limits and added some optimisations to the site to help with loading times using the php.ini file but to no avail.

Any more ideas? could i give someone access to my site to look at this?

• Joshua
    • Flash Drive

Ok so ive now solved the problem: Ok ive solved the problem. basically every event i save down in the events+ plugin saves as a post. So i just manually deleted these out of the wp_posts mysql database and they work. it must be an issue when swapping over between my two websites.

• Joshua
    • Flash Drive

No it didn't save twice. But for some reason it didn't like the events that were imported into wp_posts. I imported them using the standard wordpress importer.

So to fix the problem I just manually deleted them out of the mysql tables in the backend.

It is also odd because when I imported them they showed up in the backend of the website under wp-admin>events.

My only hunch was that it could of been the events imported from Google that were causing the issue and the fact that I hadnt entered entered in the Google credentials could of caused issues. But I really don't know

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Joshua,

Thanks for the additional information, interesting so this was imported events using the standard WordPress importer?

Were they by any chance recurring events? As recurring events are special instances that aren't as simple as a standard event.

Glad to hear it's all working now though. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Joshua
    • Flash Drive

ah ok for me this completely renders the gmail calendar integration pointless. All of our events are usually re-occuring. Could we request for this feature to be added. So that when adding in a google re-occuring calendar it shows up on the new calendar or is this an API issue?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Joshua,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

I believe after checking this, it's actually a issue between the API and how we currently handle recurring events.

I can certainly add this as a feature request for you, so we can consider it for future development and I've just done that. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.