Events Plugin with authorize.net instead of paypal

Hi Tech Support,

I currently have the membership plugin with authorize.net installed and am currently configuring that to work in my site. I plan to build a membership website with event management and extended member profile functionality.

Now to my question, from what I am reading your event plugin only works with paypal. Is there a workaround that I can use that will allow me to use authorize.net instead of paypal since I have authorize.net with the member plugin and I do not have a paypal account.

• PC

Hello Stephanie,

Thanks for your post.

Now to my question, from what I am reading your event plugin only works with paypal. Is there a workaround that I can use that will allow me to use authorize.net instead of paypal since I have authorize.net with the member plugin and I do not have a paypal account.

Yes, that is possible.

You will however need to use MarketPress integration.

Events plus allows you to use MarketPress for taking payments by associating the product to an event. MarketPress allows you to use Authorized.net so you can use that :slight_smile:

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• Stephanie

Hello PC I have installed marketplace and hooked it up to my authorize.net account. When I use marketpress directly to make a purchase the authorize.net setup appears to work correctly as far as processing a payment. Concerning the events plugin, I have created a special category in marketplace called event and added this category in Events settings. Instead of the marketpress shopping cart becoming accessible, a paypal error/warning alerts me that the paypal account is not set up properly. In the settings I left the paypal email account out because I do not have a paypal account.

What is the step by step instructions to hook up marketpress to my events plugin?

• PC

Hey there Stephanie,

Sorry for missing your last response on this one.

Have you managed to sort this one out ? If not, kindly let me know !

What is the step by step instructions to hook up marketpress to my events plugin?

If you have enabled the Payments via MarketPress addon in the Events plus plugin, it will allow you to connect an event to a particular product using which the payment would be taken. It will use the gateways define in MarketPress plugin. So you should ensure that you have got that addon activated and event is assigned to a product.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.