Events Plugin With directory

I am creating a local directory and was wondering, if I added the events plugin with the directory plugin – can they work together?

For example: If say a restaurant listed in the directory has a special event… can it be featured within their link?

i.e., (city.mysite.com/restaurants/restaurantnameinfo > Tab or link showing events?)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dimeco,

I do not think this will work as you have described mostly because you are trying to indicate it in the URL and there is no facility to do this that I am aware of.

The only short code that I am aware of for using the events plugin is for displaying weekly events, and this would include the events of others as well.

Why wouldn’t the restaurant in this example just include it in their Directory listing?

Perhaps as a custom field?

Please advise as to your thoughts on my suggestion above.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• dimeco
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe, Thanks.

Yes the Restaurants can put it in their own section… but because I wanted it local, I wanted to basically have an “event” section (that perhaps cross linked to the restaurant). That way, if they didn’t “go directly” to the restaurant, but clicked to see upcoming events, they could see them (and vice versa).

Hope that makes sense.

So it would be more like, “city.mysite.com/events”?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.