Events plus Add Media not working

I have installed events plus plugin, but the add media button is not working when adding a event

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi gregory.bro@live.com,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I tried activating the Events+ plugin, and the add media button seems to work fine while adding events. Do you have issue with the add media button in post and pages? Is this issue specific to Events+? Please advise if I'm missing anything.

Since it's working from my side, it seems more like a plugin conflict, could you please try run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart) to rule out any plugins causing any conflicts.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let us know how that goes, happy to troubleshoot further. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @gregory.bro@live.com

I have just tested in my site and the add media button is working fine.

I am guessing you are using Front page editing addon. So, I also assume, the issue is happening because of a js error from another plugin in your site.

Would you please grant support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can check? Also mention which subsite we should check.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Gregory

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I also could see the issue on your site, but could not regenerate on my test site. So this is your site specific issue. Can you please do a plugin conflict test just to make sure no other plugin is causing this? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this article: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Gregory
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I have disable all other plugins and the issue is still there.

I have disable and uninstalled the plugin but the default settings keep popping up. If the issue cant be resolve, how can I remove all settings, cache for the plugin from my site so that I can start new.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Gregory

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Well, I'm sorry, I forgot to ask you to do theme conflict as well. However, I did theme conflict test and found, your currently active theme is causing this. I temporarily activated Twenty Sixteen for a minuted, and Add Media popup was working fine in this default theme. So this is not a plugin bug, rather this is related with your theme.

As Klein is a third party paid theme, I have no access to it's code so I can't exactly tell why this theme is not allowing Add Media popup to appear. Can you please ask theme developer as he can give you best idea regarding this? Please let us know what he says about this. We will be glad to help if anything is required from our end.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi gregory.bro@live.com,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Contacting the themes support would be the fastest way to get this sorted. Since you are still having issues with it, we would try to check what is the cause of the problem, and if possible provide a temporary fix until the theme developer provides a solution to this.

Would you please send us your credentials so that we can have a closer look?

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select “I have a different question” for your topic.

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Gregory

hello Nithin,

I am just checking if you had made any progress as it relates to the current issue. I got a reply from the theme developer. The following is what he said: We just finished troubleshooting your site and it seems that there are no errors with jQuery or Javascript. Pretty Weird.

Next thing, how do I remove all settings for the event plus plugin when I delete it

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi gregory.bro@live.com,

Sorry for the delay, we have been extensively testing your theme, but unfortunately we weren't able to rule out the exact conflict caused by the theme. We found that your theme isn't throwing any error related to it. We were able to further troubleshoot that, the errors for jQuery or Javascript weren't showing because the media window, and image gallery were actually being loaded by the plugin. But a conflict in the theme is preventing the media window to appear. The issue has more to do with the theme, as we were able to detect that the plugin is actually loading the media window. You can find the status of the page loads, in the console by turning the network filter on.

We would recommend that you pass these information to the theme developers, so that they would be able to figure out where a conflict is, and sort this asap.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you need any further help. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Gregory

hello, thanks for all the help.

I contacted the theme developer, and they found that the issue was this:

Thank you very much for your continued patience. This issue is caused by jQuery's issue with CSS3, for now, just delete this line of code on line 185, located in Klein > CSS > bootstrap.css.

border-collapse: collapse;

So I when ahead, and the issue has been resolved.

Again thanks for the help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.