[Events +] Querying Data for Events in Events+ and displaying on custom template

Hi,
I am trying to create events and then display their content information in a custom template. Now I know i can use the plugin appearance option to override and use a custom template.
But can someone please help me with how can I display the various custom fields of the events content like start date and end date author etc and the No, May Be and I am attending buttons in my own custom template. The reason being I need to display some additional even information as well for which I am using Advanced custom fields that are associated with the incusb_event custom post type. They are all appearing fine on the custom template.
But then if I use the single event shortcode, it just generates the same dislplay of the event as a default template.
How can I query the same information that is displayed for a single event but query it myself so that I can move it around my template and display it in different ways.
The website is for a 4x4 club whose events needs a lot more details as well as fields.
I know this may be a simple fix but any solution on this will be highly appreciated.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there ZeeMaster,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

Events+ plugin has a way to override its archive and single event templates.
    Please go to Events -> Settings -> Appearance settings and select the following options:

Then access your server via (S)FTP and copy:
    wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/default-templates/default/single-incsub_event.php
    to your child theme folder, like:
    wp-content/themes/YOUR-CHILD-THEME/single-incsub_event.php

You can then see how each element is getting fetched and further edit it from your child theme template file, without worrying about future plugin updates.

Hope that was some help, let me know if further assistance is required here.

Thank you,
    Dimitris

• ZeeMaster
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Dimitris,

Thank you so much for your response. I have done that and the event does show, but what I am struggling with is that the buttons for RSVP do not show. They show fine if you use the default template.

But when I copy it into my own template then none of the content show or the RSVP buttons. Please refer to the two screen shots i have shared and you will understand what I mean.

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks

• ZeeMaster
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello Dimitris,

I have an update on this. So I was playing around and realized that when a genesis loop is active, then it does not display all that content. But I when there is no loop, it display all of it. Just thought if that may trigger an explanation for this in your mind. Thank you.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey ZeeMaster !
    Hope you are doing well today!

That's very odd. I just tried to replicate it in a test site of ours but couldn't. The RSVP buttons were showing up as expected in the template file that I copied over to my child theme.

Could you make sure the following line of code exists in your template?

echo Eab_Template::get_rsvp_form($post);

If yes and the RSVP buttons are still not showing up, could you please send us credentials to your file system (FTP/cPanel) and WordPress Admin so that we can take a closer look into it? You can send that privately through our secure contact form:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Nahid Mohit"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.