Events + Registering Blank Users

I've setup a site using the Membership 2, Events + and BuddyPress plugins. For the most part everything's working well except for a few select users. The problem is when people are registering it's telling them that they've registered successfully but then it's showing blank info in the Event RSVP's or they're not actually registered. From what I can tell it seems to be only one user with blank info since it's only showing once each event.

I've tried searching for a fix but haven't been able to find anyone with this same problem. Any idea why this is happening?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @Market Mechanics,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I understand that this happens only for some users, not all of them. Is that right or am I missing something here? Could you also please provide me with a brief "step by step" guide on what exactly should I do on your site to replicate this?

I'd also like to take a closer look at your setup. That said, would you mind granting me a support access through our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin? To do so, please follow the guide at the link below and let me know here when you're ready.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Thanks!
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Market Mechanics,

Thanks for your replay and for granting me an access to the site!

I've carefully reviewed your setup and it seems fine to me. I've also created myself a subscriber account and then (using another browser) registered for an event. This went smoothly as well.

I admit I'm a bit stuck here. Since we're not able to determine any conditions under which an issue happens and also I wasn't able to replicate the issue on both yours and mine sites (one of my colleagues gave it a try too but no luck as well) - I'm beginning to think that this may have been a "one time glitch" that wasn't necessarily related to Events+ plugin itself.

That said, I assume that you were informed of the issue by one of members of your site, is that correct? Do you think you could get in touch with that person and ask him/her for more details? For example: whether this happened only once, which event it was, perhaps she/he could provide us with a screenshot showing the issue?

I realize this may be difficult to achieve but I think an essential step here is to "track down" the issue occurrence and then investigate it further.

Also, I think it may be good to enable silent WP debugging for some time. To do this, please add these lines to your site's "wp-config.php" file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

This should be placed right above the "/* That's all, stop editing..." line and will turn on debugging, prevent it from showing error messages on screen and instead redirect all debugging output to the "debug.log" file inside "/wp-content" folder on your server.

In case the issue is reported/occurs again, the "debug.log" file may be of much help for us.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.