[Events +] Registration Redirect

When new users click "I'm Attending" they are taken into a login/registration process that ends with a thank you page. It would be better for all if that process looped the user back to the event page so they could click "I'm Attending" again (or have it know that they clicked it in the first place). As it stands, the user does not get RSVP'd, and it just leaves them on another page with no links or redirects back to the event.

Another, maybe even better, solution would be a popup/modal for login/registration so they don't actually leave the event page.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Chris

You can have login/register popup on I'm attending button. Please go to Dashboard > Events > Settings > Plugin Settings and check the box for "Allow Facebook and Twitter Login?".

Now go to Dashboard > Events > Settings > API Settings keep "Hide WordPress login button" unchecked and check other social login boxes if you don't want to use them. If you want to use social login, then you need to configure them by providing their required API keys.

Now, the visitor will get front end login option :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Chris
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Wow, that's a solid workaround. You have to turn on social logins and then hide the social logins. And it works.

Would be great if there was some more direct way in the future, or at least put this in the documentation.

Thanks!

• Chris
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Just to throw a wrench in here, I am also using Membership 2. When a user is created using the process above, they are not given the option to choose a membership level. It adds them as a wordpress user, but not a member.

Any integration we can add here?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Chris

I am sorry, I am a bit confused.

It adds them as a wordpress user, but not a member.

Do you mean the user gets registered but not associated with any membership? Or you mean abour RSVP? If RSVP, then user must come back to the event page and RSVP manually.

Any integration we can add here?

What sort of integration you mean here?

Would you please explain a bit more, I will try to help with workarounds if possible :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Chris
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

To answer your first question, yes. Through this method, which is controlled by Events+, the user gets registered as WordPress user, but they are not given an option of selecting a membership from Membership 2.

And by integration, I mean exactly that. Membership 2 and Events+. I am able to give discounts to certain memberships in Events+. They are working together in that situation. The need to work together in user/member registration as well.

The RSVP user registration bypasses Membership 2. I want new users to join a membership (we have a free membership option for those who just want to pay for event registrations). They don't get an option using the method above.

If I don't use the popup registration setup, then the new user is taken to Membership 2's registration. It just ends in a thank you note without redirecting back to the event (my original issue).

I'm happy to chat or talk on phone if you'd like to get a clearer idea.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Chris

That makes perfect sense, thank you for your explanation.

And yes, unfortunately, there is no integration on registration system between M2 and Events+. So, either you have to use the popup or M2 registration and then the user has to go back to the event page manually.

But I believe it would be a nice addition in the feature list, so I am marking this as a feature request for now. Let's see how other members think about this.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.