events regsitation success / thank you message layout

When a user clicks "Im attending" the page refreshes and the page reloads at the top again. This means that the user needs to know that they have a welcome message with instruction to the next step. Im finding that they dont know this and miss out on completing the process.

What I want to do i relocate the success welcome message so that it shows at the top of the page. I also want the green bar to sit above the yellow bar, and I also want to move the Pay in person button to sit in the yellow box next to the Pay Pay button.
Can someone tell what code to move without breaking the plugin?

thank you in advance.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey @deb,

I hope you're having good day!

Fortunately, customizing Events+ appearance is quite easy because of a built-in template system. First thing you want to do is go to your dashboard's

"Events" -> "Settings" -> "Appearance settings" page

and switch on the "Override default appearance" option. Below you'll find two dropdown menus where you can select templates of your choice. As you can see on an eplus1 image, I chose "My Custom Page" template for default Single Event template. This is actually a standard WP page template located in my current theme's folder.

As a base for your custom templates you may use default templates that come with the plugin. Those files are located in a

/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/default-templates/

folder. Using those as examples you'll be able to create your own custom templates. Also, there's a bunch of handy shortcodes that might be used directly in your content or in your custom templates with WordPress core function "do_shortcode()".

For further customization you may also want to enable the "Colors" add-on module that will let you easily customize events colors.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Suz,

I hope you're well today and I'm sorry for the delay here!

I'm happy I could help you. As for the success message I believe you're referring to the booking confirmation? If so, I guess the template tag would be either

<?php echo Eab_Template::get_payment_forms($post); ?>

which invokes a payment form, so after payment user gets redirected to the confirmation page set in PayPals.

Would you please let me know if it works for you?

Regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.