Events+ Remaining Tickets Countdown

Hi,
I'm using the fantastic Events+ Plugin for a Charity event that I'm running.
One feature that I've found that's great is the Next Event Countdown shortcode.

What'd be great would be if there was also a number of tickets remaining shortcode to do a similar thing and show how many tickets are left.
This would help incentivise people to buy tickets quickly
Is there such a shortcode please?
If not, does anyone know the PHP code that'd let me easily extract the remaining ticket value please?

Thank you!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @urbanhaze

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Out of the box there isn't a shortcode, however it would make a useful addition to the plugin and I will pass your feedback onto the developer.

In the mean time let me see if I can get the lead developer on this to see if there is a way this can be done, this may take a bit longer than a normal ticket.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a great weekend!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• urbanhaze
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Jack,
    Thanks for coming back to me!
    Yes doing great today, I'm very excited about this event that I'm running as it's the first one I've ever done, and I'm really pleased that Events+ plugin is working so well for it.

Yes I agree it would make a useful addition, and I completely understand that it's going to take some time.

According to my countdown plugin (!) there's 33 days left before my charity event, so I'm hoping it'll be ready before then so that I can use it !

Enjoy the rest of your weekend
    Warm Regards
    --
    Nick

• urbanhaze
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,
    I just wondered if there had been any progress on this please?

In the short term, I'd be happy with something like just a few pointers of the PHP variables/code that I could use to determine how many tickets are left please?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Nick (@urbanhaze)

I hope you are well today, sorry for the delay on this I missed your last reply.

I have spoken to the plugin developer on this and without custom coding, currently there isn't a way, Taking a look in the file may be of help lib/plugins/eab-events-limit_capacity.php and the plugin developer said

show_remaining_tickets() method could be useful, although the class can't be instantiated

In a later release a template tag will be added for this.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.