Events RSVP Maybe Doesn't Add to Card but Shows Link

Hello WPMU
I noticed a bug in Events+ today that I think would be quite confusing for guests. If your RSVP status is set to "Maybe" it reveals the link "Purchase your ticket" but this link only takes you to your cart, it does not add the attached Shop product to the cart. But it never prompts you that you must say "Yes" before purchasing. Mixed message to the user, here.
On that note, wouldn't it look nicer to have a Buy Now button instead of a plain text link?
Please advise on the Maybe RSVP ticket aspect. Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello RIT,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think you're referring to Events+ with "Payemtns via MarketPress Products" add-on enabled. This is not a bug actually, so let me please explain this a bit

For RSVPs there are two "possible attendance" options: "I"m attending" and "Maybe". The only option that definitely excludes attendance is "No". Therefore both "I'm attending" and "Maybe" users are given an option to purchase a ticket. That's by design but if you think that's confusing, let's ask also other members of our community about it. I'm moving this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum and if it gains more support I'm sure our developers will change that workflow in future.

but this link only takes you to your cart, it does not add the attached Shop product to the cart.

I have just tested this on my test site (fresh WP install with Events+, MarketPress and default theme) and it added associated product to the cart as expected. Therefore I'd like to take a closer look at your setup in order to investigate the issue. Would you mind granting me a support access through our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin?

To do this, please follow this guide:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• RIT

Hi Adam,
      Thanks for getting back to me. That's right, when I said "Maybe" and clicked "Buy ticket" it said your cart is empty, or had only the products I'd selected earlier. The one I had clicked was not added for "Maybe" only for "yes" was it added.
      There's a different issue now. The client wants to be able to restrict "yes" RSVP to paid clients only. I don't see this as an add-on, but it would be great. She doesn't care who is interested in coming, rather only who's paid. There are a limited number of seats, so you can see why she wouldn't want to prevent a paying customer from purchasing a ticket because someone said "yes" but never followed through.
      At this point I'm thinking the events+ plugin cannot serve the purpose that we require, so it may be a moot point.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi RIT,

Under Events+ add-ons you can enable RSVP status auto-reset add-on, this will reserve the place for selected time and if the payment is not completed by that it will free that spot for another user.
    Is that what you're looking for?

Unfortunately I can't access your site using the support access because it looks like you have some kind of security plugin preventing access to wp-admin.
    Can you please disable your security plugin, revoke the access and grant it again so we can check your settings?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello RIT,

Thank you for re-granting access and I'm sorry for keeping you waiting!

I've accessed your site, checked its settings and compared it with my test WP install. I had to enable Events+ plugin and create myself a user account in order to do this but I've already removed it and disabled plugin back (as it was before).

I was able to confirm the fact that for "Maybe" the product is not added to the cart even though the option to buy ticket is displayed and I was also able to replicate that issue on my setup. Therefore, I consider this a bug and I've reported it already to Events+ developers. I hope they'll be able to lend us a helping hand here.

As for the RSVP issue. Please take a look at Predrag's suggestion above and let us know if that would work for you.

Best regards,
    Adam