Events : Site admin ability to assign to all BP groups

Hi,

I'm using Events together with BP.

The feature I request is that the site admin / superadmin should be able to assign an Event to any group.

Currently, the site admin can only assign an Event to groups that (s)he is a member of.

This ability would make support for users much easier.

Cheers
Mort3n

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Mort3n,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• xsci
    • Flash Drive

Hi, I have the opposite issue. I am testing a 'user' that only belongs to 1 group and when I create an event under that user it allows me to add the event to anyone of the groups on the website event though this particular user is not a member of them. How do i make it so users can only create events for the groups they belong to?

• xsci
    • Flash Drive

I have the following option checked too: Show only groups that user belongs to?

It still shows all groups. Can you help me? I'm a newbie so you'll want to give me step by step instruction and files if I have to edit anything :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings xsci,

Thank you for bringing the issue you are having with your WordPress installation to our attention.

This is indeed bizarre behavior that I have to date I have not heard of happening.

Are you using two completely different browsers, one for testing and the other for developing? I.E. Firefox for developing and Chrome for testing?

Are you running any caching plugin?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• xsci
    • Flash Drive

Greetings! So I started adding events and I noticed a couple of things I'm hoping you can help me with. The site wide calendar ([eab_calendar]) page only displays the calendar, no month toggle so you can't see what is happening in other months.

Also, in my Group Events section - the calendar shows an error page when you try to toggle to the next month. Is there a way to not display the group calendar under my groups, and just display a list of upcoming events?

Cheers!

Teresa

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Teresa,

Glad to hear that you've started using the plugin.

As this thread has been marked as resolved I encourage you to post your question in a new thread to ensure that it receives the proper attention.

Have a great weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Mort3n

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.