Events slug and page name not compatible

How should this work ?

If I choose the slug "events", the plugin automatically shows a page with a calendar and as a title it adds an event title instead of letting me choose what shows in the page or edit it.

If I create a page called "events" with my short codes its not working, because the plugin uses that slug and shows its things and not my page.

I have to change the slug of the events to something else, but then the url of the events are not what I want.

Correct Example:

mysite.com/events (shows my page with short codes)
mysite.com/events/my-event (shows the event page)

Thats the way it should be, but I have to use this to make it work:

mysite.com/events2because-alonedoesnotwork/my-event

Is there a way to make it work and use the same slug for my events page?

Thanks.

• Alexander

Hi @polle,

You already have two other threads open regarding this. Please don't open new support requests for the same issue, as it can lead to confusion, and take more time to work through. I'm going to close your other threads and we can continue to followup here.

The problem here is that this link is reserved:
    mysite.com/events

You shouldn't have a page with the URL /events because that is reserved for the events archive view. By default, visiting /events will give you a view of all your events. This functionality comes from the Event being a WordPress custom post type.

So by creating a page with the same slug ( /events ) you're creating a conflict there.

To fix this you'll just need to change the slug of your page. You can also link directly to /events in your navigation if you like.

Best regards,

• Alexander

Hi @polle,

I'm sorry for the delay. Good to see your URLs are working!

Your questions are similar, and related to the same topic It's easier to address them in one place than have several topics open. If you feel something is a different topic, feel free to open a new thread.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to rewire the breadcrumbs. You can remove them with this CSS though:

#event-bread-crumbs {
    display:none;
    }

Just like WordPress posts, and other custom post types, the parent page for all events will be the main archive page.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.