Events+ Social Login

Hi there, I created both a twitter app as well as a facebook app and put in the id's and consumer keys however neither of the logins are working. They give errors like "An error occurred. Please try again later." and for twitter, "Whoa there!
There is no request token for this page. That's the special key we need from applications asking to use your Twitter account. Please go back to the site or application that sent you here and try again; it was probably just a mistake."

I could not find specific setup instructions, perhaps I did not look hard enough but it's not very easy to find. I appreciate the support but may I ask the for the amount of money spent now and in the future, We'd appreciate more straightforward and comprehensive instructions. Also how to setup the paypal to function properly as the button currently does nothing.

Thanks SO much!

All the best,

Elyakim Samuel

• aecnu

Greetings Elyakim Samuel,

Thank you for the great questions and candid input, it is certainly appreciated.

There seems to be a few issues going on here and I shall address them one at a time.

Concerning both the Twitter and Facebook apps, the most common cause for issue is a bad copy and paste of the keys or a space added at the end of the keys which is common to pastes done in Windows - Please check the amount of characters and if there is a space at the end of the keys.

Relative to PayPal, there is not much to do except adding in the primary PayPal account email address - please check this for an extra space and also test while NOT in sandbox mode - the sandbox is erratic at best.

Regarding the instructions/documentation, as demonstrated in this very plugin the instructions are with great pain and detail contained within the "i" for the specific item.

I guess we could copy and paste those very same instructions into a document?

Please advise as to the status of the Facebook/Twitter app issue and the PayPal issue after checking the items above.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• elyakimsamuel

Hi Joe, Thanks so much for the quick reply! I truly appreciate the help.

I have checked the keys and they do not contain any extra spaces. Im not sure whats going on, Im a bit worried as I'm using this as the payment system for the upcoming event.

Here's the link: (shouldve added that the first time)

http://mbc3.zoecitychurch.org

Thanks for the help! If you want to log in to the backend and take a look, I'm all for that!

All the best,

Elyakim Samuel

• aecnu

Thank you for your additional input, it is greatly appreciated.

I just did a thorough testing of your events, the paid one, and of course you are spot on that there is a problem with Facebook and twitter log ins and it is certain that we are going to have to dig in to figure these out.

Therefore please send me super admin details to aecnu (at) incsub.com and please be sure to include a copy of the URL to this ticket within your email:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/events-social-login

Look forward to helping to figure this out.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Thank you for your patience as I worked to get to your issue off forum.

You may be right about the domain masking. I tried to use the admin log in and just the regular log in and the site just gives me the blank hand ... lol

When trying from the sub site domain proper everything seems to be working though I admit that I have not been able to test everything but just the fact that the log in screens suddenly work etc. the domain masking is causing a major issue.

I think the best thing to do here would be to use Domain Mapping instead of domain masking. However a dedicated IP is required for this to work correctly.

Please advise as to your thoughts on this and if you already have a dedicated IP you are all set.

Cheers, Joe

• elyakimsamuel

Hi Joe,

First of all, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your continued support through all of this, Thanks you!

Im definitely ok with going the mapping route. I am a bit confused as to what a dedicated IP is and whether or not I have one. I use Just host to host the main website. zoecitychurch.org and have this site setup as a subdomain. Does this mean I need an entirely separate hosting account for this website or is there a way to partition off space? Forgive me if I sound lost, last question.

All the best,

Elyakim Samuel

• aecnu

Hey no problem with the great questions, which to date they have been just that.

On a side note I never received those log in credentials, if you still want me to get in there.

A dedicated IP is an IP assigned to your hosting account dedicated just to your site(s), in this case your main WordPress installation would be applicable.

I have indeed traced this web site zoecitychurch.org to Blue Host.

You do not need to partition this off by any means, but it would be in your own interest to contact your host about a dedicated IP if you intend to use Domain Mapping.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Thank you for your kind patience, it is immensely appreciated.

I indeed visited your site tonight and the first thing that caught my attention was that you are running Genesis which has special challenges within itself.

However, I am more concerned with the Events+ 1.4.1 update which I could not update since I do not have FTP access to your installation though I did try through WordPress plugin updates it would not work for some reason.

After the update please advise how we are making out with these issues, and if no change I will be right back on it.

In addition, are these apps registered to the mapped domain?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.