Events+ stopped working

Re-opening ticket. I understand increasing speed won't solve our problem, but we have to launch the site so we needed to find an alternative for the time being. We still need to resolve this...

---

events+ suddenly stopped working after moving to a new server. server host is top notch, experienced with WP...

see tradeshows tab at these two links (urspto is password to get into both)...

urspto.com
urs-processtechnologies.com

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi julianfstr,

On the site urspto.com, it's not clear what the problem on the Tradeshows tab is. Could you elaborate?

On the site urs-processtechnologies.com, the menu links to events-3, is this the Events+ slug as set in Events -> Settings?

You do have the plugin installed and activated as it inserts CSS and scripts on the page (view page source).

Cheers
    Mort3n

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there julianfstr, I hope you're well today!

events+ suddenly stopped working after moving to a new server

I'm afraid that's a bit vague, I can't really help you with just that info! I'll need some more details...

Does this happen when you use the default WordPress theme (twentytwe) and no other plugins activated?
    Please try the following:
    1. Enable WP-Debug in your wp-config
    2. Enable the twentytwelve theme
    3. Disable ALL other plugins except the Events+ plugin.

If your site still doesn't work, at least you'll be able to see an error in your screen that will provide us with some more details about what is actually going on.

If your site works, then start re-enabling the plugins you previously had enabled one-by-one until you get the error.

If you still don't get the error, enable the theme you previously had enabled.

You should be seeing some errors in your screen, please copy-paste them here so that we can figure out what is wrong and how to fix it.

Awaiting your reply,
    Ari.

• julianfstr
    • Flash Drive

We had a thread running on this yesterday. Sorry for the vagueness. yesterday's thread was closed prematurely by the staff member who was replying at that time.

I will reply in more detail shortly, but we did go through the standard troubleshooting yesterday (disabled all plugins except Events+, reverted to 2012 theme). The problem persisted with only Events+ active and theme set to 2012...

• julianfstr
    • Flash Drive

Ok, so 2012 is the active theme again, and all plugins except Events+ are deactivated. Debug is on.

The failure to load the page takes many minutes to occur (the page sits loading then eventually fails).

Actually, just got this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in /home/ursproc/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-events-all_events_default.php on line 40

Standing by. I truly appreciate your help. Thanks.

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi julianfstr,

Is this the thread you're referring to?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/why-would-aplugin-stop-working-when-moved-to-a-new-server

The error stems from your Default to all Events addon for Events+ plugin. The note for that addon (in the settings) warns that

Note : This may take time and resources if you have a lot of events

Since you have a timeout error this seems a likely cause.

Try disabling that addon and report back :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Mort3n

• julianfstr
    • Flash Drive

That is the thread.

Didn't catch that note, thanks for pointing it out. So 9 events is a lot?

Issues are resolved. Thanks for your help.

UX note: I think notes like the one about resources on Defaults to All should be visible in the list, not hidden in the circle-i hover. In fact, we didn't activate the addon — so we had no reason to look into it.

Regardless, thanks so much for your quick and useful help. You guys are great.

• aristath
    • Recruit

@julianfstr Well, @mort3n jumped in with his -as always- excellent advice and immediately found a solution. :slight_smile:

Thank you mort3n, you're a great guy!

Just a sidenote:

So 9 events is a lot?

No, they are not a lot.
    But that's totally relevant to the way your server is configured!
    If it's a dedicated server or a VPS you should probably have someone re-check your php.ini settings. Just to be on the safe side of things...

If it's a shared hosting server, well... some hosts tend to "squeeze" too many sites on a single box and set their php settings low so there's nothing you can do about that. Of course now that you no longer have an issue, you don't have to do anything either, so no worries! :wink:

Take care,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.