Events+ Styling and iCal Question

A couple questions I still haven't been able to work out.

1. I'm trying to create both a Calendar view and List view of events. Calendar is working fine, but the List view isn't as flexible. I'd like the Event Title (in this case "Nashville Zoo") to be a little larger, say <h2> instead of <h4>, but I can't seem to find what file to change that in. Any ideas? Here's the link... http://mamamoderne.com/event-list/

2. The 'Save to iCal' button, when you click on it, a file does download, but then iCal says it's not a valid iCal file. Do you know what I might have missed?

3. Also, is there any way to add a thumbnail image of the event in the list view? I thought I saw this on one of the screenshots for Events+, but haven't been able to call that out either.

Thank you for your help!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @amonnaco

I hope you are well today.

1: I've just been looking at this for and it appears there isn't a class or div to change this, currently the h4 comes from your themes CSS file, though it should be possible to change that, though on using firebug and chrome developer tools, that wouldn't work, I'll double check with the lead developer for some clarification on that one for you.

2: This issue with the ical could be the same one from a couple of months ago, as this was a known issue then, though a fix was being worked on, don't worry it's nothing you have missed or have done wrong, I'll ask the lead developer for some clarification on this as well.

3: That would be controlled by the featured image part of the event and your theme, which theme are you using?

4: Currently there isn't a drop down filter out of the box, though it would make a great addition and in the mean time, it may be possible to do a manual way, do you mind if it reloads the page?

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• amonnaco

Thanks Jack.

1. I noticed that too. I guess what I'm really trying to find is the template that's setting up the order and div tags for that section of the Archive page, since I don't want to change the default.css for the entire site or it might affect other areas that are already working. I thought it might be 'shortcode-archive-default.php', but any changes made in there are not visible. Wondering where that's pulling from.

2. Ok. I guess we'll have to disable that for now. Any word on when an update for that might be coming?

3. I'm using the Adapt theme, and a featured image is set. I'm wondering if I don't have to add script to set that up in the same template file I'm looking for in 1?

4. The page could reload if it has too, that's no problem.

Thanks!
    Ana

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @amonnaco

I hope you are well today, sorry for the extreme delay here.

With 1: Even though you found a work around, the developer also said, you could use .wpmudevevents-list .event h3 if you are using the default plugin output?

2: I have checked with the developer and a fix was released a few versions back, yet I also can't get it to work, I will email the developer now and let him know its still a bug.

3: You should be able to use the get featured image code, but this would require some theme customizations, do you have a child theme setup that you can use?

Thank you! Sorry again about the delay.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @amonnaco

I hope you are well today, I apologize about the delay here, I have just speaking with the lead developer of the plugin.

My ical export works if I open it using the default calendar handler, is that how you are using it? You can see my test export button here http://www.coding-monkey.com/mem/events/2013/05/your-event-title/

3. I'm using the Adapt theme, and a featured image is set. I'm wondering if I don't have to add script to set that up in the same template file I'm looking for in 1?

I wasn't aware of this, but how it currently stands is, the support for it is there, but the actual code needs to be custom coded to get and display the featured image, but another way around this might the the resolution in this thread here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/inserting-thumbnail-of-events-in-the-events-archive-page#post-259106

Thank you for your patience on this, again I'm sorry about the delay, please let me know if I can be of further assistance :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.