Events+ suggestions and some questions on functions

I just installed the EVENTS+ plugin on one of my clients site.
Wordpress: Last version
Theme: Themeforrest: modernize
Plugin: version Version 1.4.2

I am basing my suggestions for improvements based on my experience with other plugins in the same category. Please forgive me if this is already possible and implemented.
This is a somewhat long post, so sorry for that in advance.

1. MY Bookings page
When a user is logged in to wordpress I would like them to be able to see a page where I could insert a shortcode [my_bookings] that shows which events the user is attending

2. Notification email templates
When a user signs up to an event how does he get a notification about his attendence?
MAIL: I would like to see mail templates, that automatically sends the user a mail to his registered mail when he successfully has attended an event. Is this possible ATM?

Also send mail or facebook notification to admin if wanted when somebody has attended an event (see also nr 6)

3. Compatibility with the awesome calendar plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-fullcalendar/. As by now I am able to choose inscub and categories from the plugins settings-list but the events does not show up when pressing them, I only come to a blank page.

4. Reoccurring events, only payment on the first event.
Is it possible to only make the first of a reoccurring event bookable and the rest of the events in the series NOT bookable?

This would be great for adding courses that occurs for instance every wednesday 8 pm for 6 times, so that the user must signup to event only once

5. Facebook integration
5a: Can someone elaborate on how this works with this plugin? If a user signs up with his facebook account, does the event he is attending automatically show up in his facebook calendar?
Does he have to pay before this is possible? Or does it show up either way?

5b: Do you have to have the facebook plugin installed to make this work, if possible at all?
5c: Can users see your events on your facebook page and attend and pay there in addition to the wordpress site?

6. Bookings in admin
When a booking is made by any user I would liked to have a tab in the admin area under EVENTS named Bookings, that show a notification (number), just as it does with comments, so you are aware that a person has attended.

7. Close bookings when the number of attendees is reached. Is this automatically done?

That would be all for now.

• aecnu

Greetings nova9,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for your detailed feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

1. MY Bookings page
    When a user is logged in to wordpress I would like them to be able to see a page where I could insert a shortcode [my_bookings] that shows which events the user is attending

This will require an additional page added to the dashboard just for this purpose or perhaps adding it to the dashboard main in the dashboard widgets using something like the Ultimate Branding plugin to remove the current dashboard widgets and the Custom Dashboard Widget plugin to add the shortcode.

2. Notification email templates
    When a user signs up to an event how does he get a notification about his attendence?
    MAIL: I would like to see mail templates, that automatically sends the user a mail to his registered mail when he successfully has attended an event. Is this possible ATM?

Also send mail or facebook notification to admin if wanted when somebody has attended an event (see also nr 6)

You asked if it is possible at the moment - anything is possible when one is a competent coder with a vision and the will to get it done - and I am not a coder.

The rest of this I will leave to the feature request section for consideration for inclusion.

3. Compatibility with the awesome calendar plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-fullcalendar/. As by now I am able to choose inscub and categories from the plugins settings-list but the events does not show up when pressing them, I only come to a blank page.

The events plugin has its own calendar system. But this will also go with the feature request.

4. Reoccurring events, only payment on the first event.
    Is it possible to only make the first of a reoccurring event bookable and the rest of the events in the series NOT bookable?

This would be great for adding courses that occurs for instance every wednesday 8 pm for 6 times, so that the user must signup to event only once

This one sounds great and is logical to me -> Feature request.

5. Facebook integration
    5a: Can someone elaborate on how this works with this plugin? If a user signs up with his facebook account, does the event he is attending automatically show up in his facebook calendar?
    Does he have to pay before this is possible? Or does it show up either way?

5b: Do you have to have the facebook plugin installed to make this work, if possible at all?
    5c: Can users see your events on your facebook page and attend and pay there in addition to the wordpress site?

Facebook integration to the best of my knowledge allows them to register with the site therefore granting all the privileges normally granted to the registered user the same as if they did not use Facebook to register.

Please post the results / problems you've come across doing it yourself and if you run into an issue please make a ticket addressing that specific issue.

6. Bookings in admin
    When a booking is made by any user I would liked to have a tab in the admin area under EVENTS named Bookings, that show a notification (number), just as it does with comments, so you are aware that a person has attended.

Feature request.

7. Close bookings when the number of attendees is reached. Is this automatically done?

Yes but did you have this happen where booking did not stop after the number of attendees was reached?

If so please create a new ticket addressing just that issue including as many details as possible.

I will be moving this ticket to the feature requests area and notifying the lead developer of the requests as applicable.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• nova9

Ok some further info on this.

5. Facebook integration
    I have now activated ypur plugin facebook and forced users to sign onto the site with only using facebook. So far so good.

I have then tried to attend a course/event with my facebook account, this works great.
    What I would suggest as add ons to this is:
    1. If a user attends a course/event/class whatever, he will be presented with the possibillity to add the event he is attending (maybe a button or something) to HIS facebook eventcalendar.
    2. When a user has signed up make the plugin send him a private message on facebook with the booking details (or a button send me my booking details to my mail)
    3. Since my client is going to use facebook alongside is website, it would have been great if when they created a new event in wordpress admin that event would automatically sync to the sites facebookevents.

POINT 3
    First I would like you to go to my page and see what I mean
    I have made two events assigned with two different categories.
    http://www.solahundesenter.com/kurskalender

First you see the plugin I am talking about. It is free to download.
    After that you see the wpmu events weekly calendar (inserted to the page via shortcode)

The first calendar has a dropdown menu when used with other event pluigns make it possible to choose a category to display. This does not work with events+

Second, I would suggest another feature in events+
    Make it work with the plugin above, and make it possible to colorcode events. So that when a user is seeing the full calendar, the different courses/events is easily distinguished.

I have not tested the rest yet, I have just played around with different settings on the events.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.