Events summaries include odd placement of "View Event" and "Edit Event in the summary

Getting peculiar formatting from the Events plugin (in all browsers). A "View Event" and "Edit Event" are tacked on to the beginning and end of the Events summary.

Here is a sample of the display...
View eventOn April 20, 2014 from 12:00 am to May 18, 2014 12:00 amPlants of the Southwest 3095 Agua Fria Santa Fe, NMEdit event...
Continue Reading »

You can see it here: http://nmbeekeepers.org/events/

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @d_j__nickles,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

That is coming out in the entry content, though it certainly shouldn't be.

Can you grant me support access please via the WPMU DEV dashboard > support > support access and click "Grant Access".

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @d_j__nickles,

Hope you're well today and sorry about the delay here.

I have just tried to take a look at this, but get a 403 forbidden, could you disable security plugins or alternatively send me the admin logins to contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• DJ Nickles
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Jack,
    Thank you for looking into this. I received a note from you stating...

"Hi there,
    Greetings and thanks for getting in touch, sorry about the delay on this.
    I have checked this and after testing this [theme] is using the_content correctly, so the issue with the view event on should not be happening.
    I have asked one of our developers to take a look at this, thanks for your patience here, sorry again about the delay. "

It's been about 11 days since that note. Since then an Events plugin update came out. It did not seem to fix the "view event" problem.

Haven't heard anything back from developers or support so I'm following up.

Best regards,

DJN

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to the thread. The problem is that the theme you're using displays excerpts, which have all the HTML tags stripped - leaving the weird plain-text output behind. Can you please try switching the "Override default appearance" settings to "On" (checked) and selecting one of the options prefixed with "Plugin:" from the "Archive template" dropdown? This should render your events with full markup included.

• DJ Nickles
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

An update to this topic...

The Mesocolumn theme developer provided this solution...

"yes, its normal for the excerpt to strip all html or table grid style. the theme itself showing excerpt by default so it might not be suitable with this event plugin since the plugin needs the 'the_content' to be the default display.

try edit theme's index.php and archive.php
    <?php echo dez_get_custom_the_excerpt($archive_excerpt); ?>
    to
    <?php echo the_content(__('Read more',TEMPLATE_DOMAIN) ); ?>

Sure enough, that solved the formatting issue.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.