Events+ Translation

Hi,

i translate Events+ to another language, but on the frontend, i cannot see my changes.
i did this with CodeStyling Localization and in the folder Language in the plugin folder, i can see my po and mo files.
Shoul i load this file? if so, who can i do this.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings MasterMan Harry,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Under wp-content/languages you should have two files, for English, US and Events + they look like this:

eab-en_US.mo
    eab-en_US.po

And in your wp-config.php file have:

define('WPLANG', 'en_US');

Let me know if that indeed does the job for us.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings MasterMan Harry,

Thank you for the additional input and indeed that should have done the job for us.

Are you running caching of any kind on your WordPress installation?

Are you using two completely different browsers for developing and testing? i.e. Firefox for developing and Chrome for testing and dumping the caching and cookies of the test browser before each test?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Dave Decker
    • New Recruit

In the plugin the loading function for textdomain has defined that path for the language files:
    /wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/languages/eab-de_DE.mo

---> This path should be recognized by "Codestyling Localization" and it should work. Did you create the .mo file via the Button in Codestyling?

Are the .mo/.po files in the languages folder writeable on your server?

I see no reason why it should not work...

I use Codestyling all day long for my job and it works fine always...

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings daviddecker and MasterMan Harry,

@daviddecker Thank you for that and you were spot on - I see where I messed up by indicating the regular folder for languages i.e. for the WordPress installation proper and not the plugin itself - my bad and I do not know how I missed it.

@MasterMan Harry Sorry for the misinformation concerning the location of the mo and po files and still cannot believe I missed it but obviously I did.

Thank you both for being WPMU DEV Community Members and have a GREAT week ahead!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.