Events+ Uninstall / Cleanup

So, I while back (quite a while) I installed the Events + plugin but wasn't really using it so uninstalled it.

After upgrading PHP, the Theme, Wordpress version, etc.., I decided to re-install it and see if I could use it again. However, I had issues with adding events and stuff (for instance the permalink structure was not being generated correctly - ie. /2013/03/0 was the path). In digging around, I found this in the events-and-bookings.php:
function uninstall() {
global $wpdb;
// Nothing to do
}
So it never uninstalled anything.

Um, this is pretty bad form normally, especially since I had orphaned data in the wp_eab_booking_meta and wp_eab_bookings tables

My question is the plugin going to be updated to clean up after itself, or should I worry about this myself? I there some other concern that I'm not thinking about...?

• aecnu

Greetings tjohare,

Thank you for the great questions and true it is far and few between the plugins that clean up after themselves and it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe