Events use nice account page

My site has Events+, Membership2, MarketPress.

How can I get Events+ to use the nice account page that Membership2 or MarketPress has instead of directing everybody to WP default login page. Making an account this way isn't very attractive.

P.S. My event is connected to a MarketPress product, but it still doesn't take them to the cart.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello fonderco,

Can you check this solution here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/change-rsvp-wordpress-log-in-pop-up-on-events#post-996861 - with this small code snippet you should be able to redirect to your desired login page.

I tested now on your site Basecamp event and after I clicked I'm attending and "Click here to purchase your ticket" I was redirected to cart with that event added.
    How can I replicate this issue on your site? Other events are not related to MarketPress products from what I see.
    In any case would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Fonderco-

Working alongside Kasia here! I see you have another question. Happy to help!

Could you please grant us temporary support access to your website so we can have a better look of your setup and settings? You can grant us access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, there's no need to share credentials. Here's our detailed documentation page about it:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

We'll wait for your confirmation reply here, as we don't get any notification when a member is granting us support access. We could then dig in and further investigate this!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Fonderco-

By adding this small bit of code into your child-theme's functions.php, I was successful in achieving your desired functionality. See code below:

add_action('init','possibly_redirect');
    function possibly_redirect(){
     global $pagenow;
     if( 'wp-login.php' == $pagenow ) {
      wp_redirect('https://www.councilonleadership.com/account/');
      exit();
     }
    }

This code can not be overwritten, and you are still safe to make any updates to your current theme. Contact me if there is anything else I can help you with

Let me know how this works for you!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• fonderco

I must not be doing a good job communicating what the problem is... Signing up for an event couldn't be more confusing and hard. Now, I click "I'm attending" and I am presented with an "login" page. What do I do? I guess I register. Now that I register... what do I do now?

Why is this process so confusing?

Why can't I click the "I'm attending" button and because the product is linked to a " MarketPress Shopping Cart" product why can't I go through that process? At least those steps are half way understandable to the user.

Shouldn't the "I'm attending" button take me right to the checkout process?

I really don't want to add the "MarketPress Shopping Cart" to the mix but since I am using Authorize.net I don't really have a choice.

I must have the Events+ and MarketPress Shopping Cart not connected correctly.

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Fonderco-

I was under the impression according to your video that the problem was your users who were not logged in and clicked on the "I'm Attending" button, were then redirected to the default WP login page and breaking the branding of the site.

Now users that are not logged in will be redirected to your account login page. This will allow you to maintain the uniformity of the brand. I understand what you are saying about being redirected to the checkout if the user is logged in and clicks on the "I'm Attending" button. Unfortunately there is no out of box solution for that. The customer clicks on the event they are interested in and if "logged in", are redirected to the events page where they can choose to purchase the event and mark whether or not they plan on attending the the event.

An option would be to add information on the account page e.g, "Please register in order to attend our events." Then it is not as confusing to the customer why they are being redirected to the login page.

If you feel the notice "You haven't paid for this event" "Click here to purchase your ticket" is too discreet and would like to change the style to make it stand out more. I could certainly help you with that.

In addition, your users may want to read a little more about the event before they commit to a purchase, which is why the plugin was designed that way. We wanted to give our users the best chance of selling their event to unique visitors and increasing their conversions, by allowing our users to provide as much information as they want about the event.

Let me know if I can be of any more assistance!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• fonderco

You mention the notices "You haven't paid for this event" "Click here to purchase your ticket" -- where are those located?

I'm just confused why the "I'm attending" button isn't treated like a "add to cart" button when I have the marketpress plugin loaded and connected. I thought I read some other threads where that is what happens. If the marketpress plugin is loaded and a product is connected to the event then the "i'm attending" button acts like "add to cart" and takes the user directly to their cart to checkout.

P.S. Thanks for the quick replies today!

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Fonderco-

In order to see the notice, you need to have a user without admin access. I registered to your site as a basic user with no subscription, then clicked on the 795.00 event, and I am redirected to the events page. Then I am prompted with a notice, "You haven't paid for this event", "Click here to purchase event". See visual representation below:

Once I click on the "Click here to purchase event" I am then redirected to the checkout page. See visual representation below:

This is when your customer will have the event in their cart and can choose to continue shopping or checkout.

Hope this helps!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support