EVENTS+ Widgets don't offer to choose view, categories, locations etc.

Hi All
The Events+ calendar widgets which are network-enabled show meanwhile all events from all calendars inside the network (Thanks to Panos who did a great job here).

Unfortunately, those events in those global calendars cannot be categorized or shown only for specific locations or tags etc. Only the Upcoming Event Widget offers at least a categories dropdown in his setup field. This is missing in all other widgets!

Network Upcoming Event
Most Popular Events
Monthly Event Archive Navigation
Calendar Upcoming

or we could also say that the network check box is missing in most of those other plugins including

Upcoming Event

But even if that box would be there the view can't be changed to be calendar view - which would then actually the same like in Calendar Upcoming which on the other hand lacks all those parts Upcoming Event has already got.

Probably I have missed one or two widgets, please let me know!
The problem with listing all the widgets belonging to Events+ is that they are not systematically called

Events+: Upcoming Events
Events+: Calendar Upcoming
Events+: ....

which would make it much easier to find all those widgets belonging to Events+.

I would suggest changing that naming!

Problem 2:
-------

The Events inserted on the pages can only be displayed globally as Calendar, Default or Full Width. There seems to be no way to do that individually on a per page basis. i.e. on one page, you insert calendar view, but on another - or in a tab you offer a list view of those events. Both have their benefits and drawbacks.

If somebody is using for an event at a certain date he probably needs the calendar, but if he wants to visit an event with a certain topic he would prefer the list view!

[image pos="5"]

But no matter which views we can't get that calendar or list display the events from all calendars like in the widget and besides that have them categorized for a certain category, location, tag etc, or only globally from certain other subsite calendars.

Problem 3:
--------------

Events+ does not seem to be fully responsive!

If you know how to solve some of those problems or to discuss solutions for those problems feel free to do so.

Thanks
Kind regards
Andi

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Andi,

Events+ widget do different things and have different options so if you wish to allow further customization you can use Text widget and shortcodes available within the plugin.
    Thanks for the Widget naming suggestion, I'll forward that to our devs.
    As for the network categories posts, as mentioned in your other thread this is not possible I'm afraid and category filter will work only for events from the site where it's used.

I'm not sure that I understand your second problem completely, Events+ comes with [eab_calendar] and [eab_archive] shortcodes, first one for calendar and second for list view, is that what you're looking for?

Problem 3:
    --------------
    Events+ does not seem to be fully responsive!

Tables in HTML are not easily configured to be responsive due to the structure, if you check default WP calendar widget you will see the same issue there.

You can add horizontal scroll for smaller screens with CSS like this:

table.eab-shortcode_calendar {
        width: auto;
        overflow-x: scroll;
        display: block;
    }

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Andi

Hi Predrag

That is correct that tables are not easy to configure but as a state of the art plugin like Events+ responsiveness is simply a must. More and more people are using the websites on Mobile Phones.

What is really missing is indeed the network global calendar to be able to get all events pulled from one centralized site and also get them categorized. For now, the problem has been solved by using My Calendar - mostly because it has all accessibility features besides responsiveness too.

Thanks for your help
    Andi

• Andi

Hi Adam the support gorilla sounds like you are very big, much bigger than me Andi the Hummingbird. :slight_smile:

Thanks for moving it to that section. I still hope that WPMUDEV will open repositories so that people can commit, fork, develop and contribute in a professional way and not only by tickets! Unfortunately, those feature requests often don't get the attention needed even changes would be very simple and easy to make even from people who are no programmers for PHP like in that case!

I am pretty sure if more people could work really with a fork, branch it, commit, compare with other forks etc all that stuff development and improvements of WPMUDEV plugins would speed up a lot by the power of the community!

Kind regards
    Andi

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Andi,

the support gorilla sounds like you are very big, much bigger than me Andi the Hummingbird

Haha, yeah, I am not small if it comes to physical size, indeed. More like a "huge teddy bear" big rather than gorilla tho, maybe I should change that to "Support Teddy Bear" then, lol :slight_smile:

As for how features suggestions work. Well, that's how it works now but it's not said it's not gonna change in future. Our managers are watching this thread, let's see what comes up of this in future.

Thanks for your suggestions, Andi!

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.