Events+ Won't Charge for Events

I created an event with Events+ with two ticket prices (one for premium members, one for basic and non-members).
Not only does there not seem to be a way to pay on the event page, but it lets anyone (including a test user) RSVP without paying.
How can I make it have you pay before accepting your RSVP?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Joseph,

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

I've just tested this out and I'm getting the same behaviour, I also just seen in our internal tracker that this is already confirmed bug and being worked on too :slight_smile: so we should have an update out soon. I've added this thread to our bug ticket so we can update you soon as the release is pushed out.

As for the RSVP-ing before the confirmed payment, we included an add-on to get around this "RSVP Status Auto-Reset". You can configure it so if the user hasn't paid for a certain amount of time after the RSVP then it will remove them :slight_smile: you can also activate an add-on to email the non-paid users too and remind them. I've attached a screenshot of these add-ons.

Hope that helps Joseph! We should have an update out soon for the M2 add-on fix. Any further questions just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Joseph,

Apologies for the delay. We just released a huge update to Membership 2 that had been in testing for awhile so the fix for this issue will be worked on now and included in the next release. It will be a much smaller release so won't take near as long :slight_smile: hopefully we can have it out by the end of next week, if not sooner - that's just a guess on my part though as I'm not a developer. A bug like this will definitely be made a priority - if it's a relatively easy fix then it will be out much sooner.

Also, is there a way to prevent RSVP before someone pays (and automatically RSVP when they pay?)

This would require a very big change to the way Events+ was originally coded, which is why we implemented the auto-reset and payment reminder email instead - that way you can send users a reminder and if they still don't pay then the auto-reset will reset them.

If you have any further questions on this just let me know :slight_smile: thanks for all your patience here.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.