Events+:Problems when I add events with different parts - calendar frontend shows event occurring fr

I am needing to list a number of events that have 'parts' i.e. a training that occurs in 6 parts, 2 weeks a year for 3 years. The events of this type I have added over the last few days show the event as continuously occurring from the part 1 first date to the part 6 last date.

I had previously added another similar event that occurs in parts... 4 weekends, just over 2013. It displayed without problem.

When I added the Danish event: http://deepimagery.net/events/2013/03/deep-imagery-training/, it originally, in the front end, showed the event as occurring from March 2012 continuously to July 2014. I deleted the first week and that corrected the issue, although for some reason, the front end displays the dates out of order in the single view.

However, for the event http://deepimagery.net/events/2013/07/training-year-1-week-1/ the dates in the backend are correct but the front end shows the first week as running from On July 24, 2013 from 6:00 pm to October 7, 2014 12:00 pm; and shows the last week as running from: On October 2, 2015 from 6:00 pm to May 28, 2015 12:00 pm.

The front end calendar is incorrect and the calendar itself shows a continuous event, for 3 years. http://deepimagery.net/events/

I did edit the template to add prev and next buttons to the top of the calendar (seemed not user friendly to have these only at the base of the calendar). I am using a wpmudev template "nature" and I have changed css elements and removed rss and search from the header.php but nothing else.

Any idea what is happening? I know I can delete and add all the dates again but if this is going to happen everytime I try to add this type of event, it will make the plugin unwieldy to use.

The other thing I notice is that when I click on the categories (FE) it brings me back to the calendar rather than a list of events in that category (as I understand should happen).

Again, admit my newbie status. Would love some insight. Is it a conflict with the theme? a problem with events+ or simply something I have not done correctly due to my inexperience?

Thanks in advance!

• aecnu

Greetings mcdg03,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Events + plugin and digging into the links you gave a bit I cannot replicate any of what you are describing just checking your links.

For example:

The front end calendar is incorrect and the calendar itself shows a continuous event, for 3 years. http://deepimagery.net/events/

And when I tested it I see events for three days as shown in my screen shot below.

Are you running caching on the WordPress installation in question by any chance?

Are you using two completely different browsers for developing and testing? i.e. Firefox for developing and Chrome for testing and dumping the caching and cookies of the test browser before each test?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• mcdg03

Hi Joe,
    I had cleared the cache on my browser. same result. I have been using safari to edit and view but also check in firefox and chrome (older macbook pro running 10.6). It looks the same on all 3.
    You need to go to August to see the problem. I'm attaching a screenshot. The event with difficulties begins in July 2013.

I've no caching plugin in WP. The only active plugins right now on a multisite setup, are events+, Classifieds, Contact Form to Email. "Contact Form to Email" is the only non wpmudev plugin and I deactivated it to no effect.

The problem is that the dates in the FE for the event are totally screwy even though the back end dates are correct where entered. They are incorrect in the BE events listings and totally off in the FE listing, singleview. see attached screenshots.

Now, I can certainly delete these dates and reenter all the dates or I can enter each part separately as separate events but this particular functionality was very appealing. And as I mentioned earlier, there was no problem on a multipart event that occurred within one year (2013). Indeed, I added a second test event, with dates occurring within 2013 (July 24-30) and Nov 20-27 and it displays without a problem.

Might this problem I'm having have to do with Events+ having issues displaying events that are spread over a few years?

I realize the question about categories may need a different thread.

Mary

• mcdg03

Hi Joe,

I've been experimenting.

I've created a number of multipart test events in 2014. and one 2 part event with dates in both 2013 and 2014. They display without problem as long as I do not try and edit/update the dates after the first save/publishing.

If the dates are changed (which does happen in real life) then events+ displays the dates as continuous.

So, is there a cache for events+ that I need to empty to fix this? Or is there anything I can do?
    Mary

• mcdg03

I just deleted and recreated the event in question, added the dates and it displayed without error, i.e showed the event happening in 6 discrete blocks, beginning July 2013 and ending Oct. 2015.
    Then I made a change to the text... corrected a misspelling in the description i.e. didn't change the dates ... updated the event and the calendar displays the same error as yesterday.... shows the event occurring every day over the 3 year period.

• mcdg03

Guys, any help available with this issue?
    It is making the use of your plugin untenable in my case and I'm disappointed. While I can certainly work around this by deleting and re-entering information (although for a 6 part event, that is a pain!) other users will find it more than frustrating when they add and edit events.

The issue, again, is that once created, a multipart event is uneditable. If I edit either the event dates or the description of the event, the update causes the event to appear in the FE as happening continuously from the date of the first event to the last date of the last event, in this case, a 3 year spread.

Is it a events+ bug? a conflict with either theme (one of yours) or another plugin ( issue was occurring even when the only active plugins are wpmudev plugins).

The calendar is essential to our site. Would appreciate some feedback.

• aecnu

Greetings Mary,

Sorry for the delay here and after reading through the entire thread trying to get my head wrapped around what is going on there in this particular installation, in the end I believe is the root/summary of this issue at hand i.e. when changing/updating events it messes up the dates/descriptions.

Testing on my test production server I could not replicate the issue as demonstrated here: http://events.aecnuwpmu.us/events/2013/06/

And in my screen shots below.

I added a fresh event and changed the dates and the time and everything shows just fine.

In your test with just two dates what were/are the exact parameters of that test? Recurring? Exact time and day?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• mcdg03

Hi Joe,
    I think the update to Events+ that was released a few days ago has solved this issue. The issue in the end, after my going through all sorts of parameter changes etc. was simply that the dates would display incorrectly after an update to either the dates themselves or the description. I'm sorry, I got busy with a different project hadn't updated this post as I hadn't a chance to check out the plugin after the update.

As of this morning, after creating some new test events and editing and updating the information after the original publishing of the event info, everything is displaying perfectly. There doesn't seem to be any anomalies in the frontend. Indeed, on the test site, the display of 2 date event autocorrected in the FE after the Events+ update. Wonderful!

Thank you for your attention to this. Apologies for not updating the post. I'll mark it as resolved.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.