Every social share plugin (currently jetpack) I've tried

Every social share plugin (currently jetpack) I’ve tried adds the social share to not only the bottom of each blog post but also the footer widgets. Please help! http://www.theoldestsoul.com

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hi @telakayne,

I hope you are having a good day.

We found this bug recently sir, I’ve already notified developer about this. Please stay tuned with updates, we will surely release some patch or update for this.

Thanks for pointing out this behaviour and being valuable member of Wpmu – Dev.

Please stay tune with updates sir.. :slight_smile:

Warmest Regards,

Milan.

• TelaKayne
    • Flash Drive

Thank you for your response. I’m looking forward to the update!

One other issue came up that I’m hoping you can help with. I’m running a hugely successful quiz using a plugin, however per the plugin developer some of the quirks we’re experiencing with the social share settings appear to be related to what we think is a function of the Upfront theme. It’s preventing the quiz plugin from loading the Facebook script the right way. It appears that all the javascript code of this plugin is loaded on the website’s footer, when it’s supposed to be loaded on the head. Something on the theme is automatically moving the quiz plugin script from the head to the footer. Any thoughts on this?

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hi @telakayne,

I hope you are having a good day and sorry for being late here.

One other issue came up that I’m hoping you can help with. I’m running a hugely successful quiz using a plugin, however per the plugin developer some of the quirks we’re experiencing with the social share settings appear to be related to what we think is a function of the Upfront theme. It’s preventing the quiz plugin from loading the Facebook script the right way. It appears that all the javascript code of this plugin is loaded on the website’s footer, when it’s supposed to be loaded on the head. Something on the theme is automatically moving the quiz plugin script from the head to the footer. Any thoughts on this?

As I can see here you are suing an older version of spirit. Would you please update theme ? If theme updation doesn’t solve your issue then I suggest you create new thread for this issue, as this is off topic question. :slight_smile: Your effort of creating new thread for this issue will let remain this thread on same track and let us handle your problem faster. I hope you will co-operate dear @telakayne

Every social share plugin (currently jetpack) I’ve tried adds the social share to not only the bottom of each blog post but also the footer widgets.

Now let me give some solutions for our main issue. First I suggest you update the theme first. If updation doesn’t solve your issue. Then there is one workaround I found for you. :slight_smile:

#1) Navigate to elements/upfront-text/lib/upfront_text.php

#2) replace the following

if ($do_processing) $content = apply_filters("the_content", $content);

with

if($do_processing) {
    $content = do_shortcode($content);
    $content = wptexturize($content);
    $content = convert_smilies($content);
    $content = convert_chars($content);
    $content = wpautop($content);
    $content = shortcode_unautop($content);
    }

This will give you quick fix. But remember one thing that changes to core files won’t be preserved when your theme gets updated. But you can use this solution till next update.

I hope this helps you.

Wish you productive day ahead @telakayne. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Milan.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.