everybody! Just wondering if any other members here also

Hello everybody!

Just wondering if any other members here also getting error code 503 from WP Engine?

I've been getting this from the last 24 hours. :slight_frown:

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @gagabytes

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I can see WP Engine have some issues with 503 error, not for all sites but for some sites. It seems they are already working on a fix. But I think you should contact their support immediately to make sure that the issue is not created with any plugin that has cron job enabled. Mostly this is service unavailable error from WP Engine.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• gagabytes
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you all for replies. We have called them and they said they are going to watch our site for a few days.

And thank you Ashok for bringing up about the plugin compatibility issue as we had recently installed a Smush It plugin last week. However, when we had installed this plugin, we weren't have this kind of issue.

How do I know if our site is indeed having the plugin compatibility issue?

Warmest Regards,

Jo

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

There is no easy way to know that if a plugin has any compatibility issue unless you install the plugin and use it :slight_smile:

There are three types of conflict normally -

1. The plugin doesn't work at all.
    2. Conflict with the theme, to be sure you need to activate default WP theme that comes up with wordpress installation. If the plugin does work with default theme, then it's a conflict with your active theme.
    3. Conflict with other plugins, then you need to deactivate all plugins except this one and check if you still face the problem. If not, then enable one by one and check which one is causing the problem. The flowchart is attached.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.