everyone, I'm curious how y'all handle DNS if you're

Hey everyone,

I'm curious how y'all handle DNS if you're running a multi site installation and allowing domain mapping. Do you manage DNS for your clients? Do you give them the server's IP address and send them on their way? Something else?

We have a custom DNS server that we've been using for about 18 months. It ties into the domain mapping plugin, so our customers don't have to do anything but add their domain there. Right now it's pretty custom to our situation, but I'm thinking about releasing it as a service, and I'm curious if anyone out there is interested, or if there are any better solutions out.

Cheers,

Chris

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Chris,

Greeting and thanks for posting on the forums.

To be true, I never had to manage the DNS for my clients as when they try to map a domain, all the required info is already available to them on the Domain mapping page like the server IP etc. and they need to follow that only.

The custom DNS server you have might be a great service. I am sure it will be helpful in large prosites networks.

Let us see if other members chime in with their suggestions and how they use the plugin.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.