Everything resets when a small change is made to settings

Hi,

I just went and added about 10 new pages to the Easy Blogging Admin menu, then went back to the settings, and turned off the log out link, and then went to look at the menu again, and it had reset to the original. Every change I had made was gone. Is this a bug on my install, or will it happen again?
Also I can't seem to force easy admin, and remove the exit easy admin menu?

Thanks.

• aecnu

Greetings Fondeli,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

I just went and added about 10 new pages to the Easy Blogging Admin menu, then went back to the settings, and turned off the log out link, and then went to look at the menu again, and it had reset to the original. Every change I had made was gone. Is this a bug on my install, or will it happen again?

I cannot reproduce this in my development nor production environments. I think you may be referring to when you put check marks in added menu items and then click save changes the first time, the check marks do not stick until it is check marked again and saved.

Also I can't seem to force easy admin

While logged in as network admin from the main menu go to --> Easy Blogging --> Easy Blogging --> Force "Easy" mode for user with this role --> choose which roles you want forced which would include Administrator for the sun sites.

remove the exit easy admin menu?

There can be two of them, one is removed by --> Easy Blogging --> Easy Blogging --> Show Easy Bar --> select no which removes the persistent top right Easy Bar in Easy mode.

The second is the one on the main menu bottom left in which there is currently no way I can find to turn it off or remove it without removing hard coding. Is this the one you are referring to that you cannot remove?

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Fondeli

Hi aecnu,

When I said the changes were back to the original, I mean all the links I added including images, help everything were gone, as if I hadn't made any changes.

Yes I know there is a button to force easy admin, though it is not working, but this is probably because I have the exit easy admin in the menu as you say, I want to remove this. I don't want members to see the advanced admin at all. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks.

• aecnu

Greetings Fondeli,

When I said the changes were back to the original, I mean all the links I added including images, help everything were gone, as if I hadn't made any changes.

Perhaps you are clicking on the wrong button on the bottom? must be careful there are a few of them down there and clicking anything but the first save changes button does exactly what your describing.

Yes I know there is a button to force easy admin, though it is not working, but this is probably because I have the exit easy admin in the menu as you say, I want to remove this. I don't want members to see the advanced admin at all. Is there any way to do that?

The check box to force easy admin is only for free accounts.

"Force "Easy" mode for user with this role" with a check mark in all roles gets rid of the exit easy mode option completely. Also it does not work for those sites belonging directly to the network admin.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.